X-Fusion Hilo 125 Dropper Seatpost

• Hydraulic design allows for smooth and infinite adjustability
  • Double key-way design prevents lateral twisting
  • Passes CEN testing for fatigue and impact
  • Wide range of angle adjust on the seat post head

N Hill   All Mountain Rider [May 24, 2016]
Strength:

Durable, dose as directed w/ remote lever, very light, stays in position and relatively inexpensive. Great service dept. and lets face it non of these are perfect so what is needed is a company willing to give good advise and service

Just a little side to side play but I have not seen any that has absolutely no play at all. I do not notice it while riding just when I wiggle it by hand.

Have been super pleased w/ my 125 Hilo straight. I am 190lbs so average I guess, pretty hard on my stuff. after some time it would not extend all the way up. It lacked 10-15 mm. if pulled up by hand it would retract down to 110ish and otherwise operate well. I called X-Fusion to see if how I could add pressure, they said it was a factory defect and they would rebuild it free. I was only out only one way shipping. I was impressed to say the least!! in a time when many companies have no problem telling you 'you are on your own' or give a ridicules fee because they know your not just going to throw it away. Very impressed so I am comfortable at this point with 5 chilies all the way. I just sent it off so I will follow up when I get it back - stay tuned

ridenfool   All Mountain Rider [May 19, 2016]
Strength:

It does what it is supposed to do.
Easy to operate.
Long enough to work with the short seat tube on the Covert 29.
Infinite adjustment, put it where you want it and it stays there.

Can be a little slow on the return, but that beats getting hit in the nuts by a jackhammer, right?
I've read that the return speed will improve with use.

This is the second Dropper I've owned. Moved to a new frame and my first dropper wasn't long enough into the seat tube.

Only have a few rides on this and so far it is everything I expected it to be. I particularly like the remote actuation lever being the joystick style. Very easy to find and operate when there's a lot going on and you need to drop the seat, NOW!

Time will tell on the longevity. Company has a good rep for supporting their products.

Similar Products Used: KS ETen (great value)
Alainzen   All Mountain Rider [Jan 10, 2015]
Strength:

Good pricing, neutral color (in case you care), simplicity, easy fit, light, 125mm travel.

Not reliable, tend to leak air and oil, lot of play.

I have been using my Hilo 125 for over a year now. I do like my X-Fusion dropper but I wish that it was more reliable. When it works, it does the job done right by going up at a decent speed and locking the seat height where I want it to be, no issues with that.

The downs; well, I need to rebuild that thing for a third time (with complete seal kit) and it seems that nobody has the seal kit in hands! The internal hydraulic valve gave up on me on the trail the first time, and the second time the shock won't hold air. This time, I've been noticing oil leaking from everywhere before I lost all air pressure. I feel like trying something different but droppers' options are limited as I do not want a remote and extra stuff on the handlebar.

Tim Barrett Jr   All Mountain Rider [Oct 11, 2014]
Strength:

Durability. Dependability. Cable remote is without issues. 25 lbs of air, that's it. Price.

A bit heavier than some. A tiny bit of play rotation wise.

This seat post has been incredibly durable for the last year I have owned and used it. The cable actuated infinite position lever is very thumb friendly in the fact that you don't have to be exact on it to get it to go up and down. After about 6 months of use, I had to add air to it and about every 6 months or so, it will lose about a half inch of height during a longer ride. Just add psi to 25 lbs and you are good to go for another half a year. The price is super competitive as well and X Fusion has great customer service.

Alan   [Jun 10, 2012]
Strength:

Wonderful to have adjustment whilst flying along trails

Tiny bit of twisting play in the seat. Don't notice with you bum, only with hands so not a major issue. Seat clamp bolt has to be done up super tight to stop it moving - you will need Fiber Grip!

Great product - fitted it to my Trance X3 - only 1 month in so we'll see how it goes long term, loving it so far.