RockShox Reverb Dropper Seatpost

RockShox Reverb Dropper Seatpost

When you're ripping through rolling terrain, cranking the pedals one minute and getting off the back of the bike the next, no seat height is "just right".

[Dec 29, 2017]
R. Louis Miller
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

None they are big fat POS!

Design flaws where do I begin! On my third one and give up went to the flawless Fox Transfer. Gets stuck in cold weather, fails completely. Makes you real pissed when your in the woods and it fails, making you climb steep rock gardens standing on the pedals for two miles POS!

Poor product don’t buy it.

Rock Shock Pike is flawless

[Jun 19, 2017]
Jan
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

- adjusts to any position

- barb hose fitting broke when putting the bikes on the trailer. This fitting ( it sits in the remove and connects the hydraulic hose to the remote ) is very flimsy and only held by a 1.5 mm fitting which is the weak point. once it breaks, you're stuck with a non-working seatpost. It WILL BREAK.

Nice dropper, unfortunately due to the design flaws, it's not worth the money. IMHO the Fox, Thompson and KS droppers have a better design. Also remember that the additional hydraulic hose requires bleeding, so you're down for some more maintenance than with a standard, wired post.

Thompson seatpost, KS LEV, Fox

[May 30, 2017]
Ajax
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Brand name.

Unreliable.

After reading so many negative and so few positive reviews, I've decided not to pay a lot of money to be a beta tester. It's outrageous, how it is even possible to pay so much for a stick with a button and it to fail.

[Apr 28, 2017]
Dani
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Not too many right now. Great when I first bought it 4 years ago!!

Does not move in temperatures less than 35 degrees at first and now not even responding at all!!!

Would not recommend purchasing this post. After 3 years of owning the post, one time of servicing, I am looking into another seat post. With the cost of servicing and not having a loaner to ride during service time, it is not worth it!

[Dec 21, 2016]
Blaze Diaz
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

It's the best thing to add to an XC bike- when it works.

I gets stuck in the down position during cold weather.

Let me begin with saying that this product is one of the best add on's I've put in my All Mountain bike. (When it works) The problem is that I've already had it replaced once & serviced 3 times on the new one. It's been bled a few times and still gives me issues. Mainly in the cold weather.

[Nov 24, 2016]
Uly
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Fast Action

Unreliable

A2 version, internal. Came OEM on bike. 5 months in and about 120 hours it blew up. RockShox makes you take it to a certified service shop first for a service before they will warranty it. Wouldn't work with A2 rebuild so shop rebuilt with B1 internals. 2nd ride on it and it blew up again.

[Oct 31, 2016]
SlickTyre
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

I don't know

Durability, installation and Lever

It worked only 2 months without going to warranty, installation was bad and the lever interface very poor

[Aug 11, 2016]
winsail

Strength:

It goes up and down when I push the button

Hard to work on

Ok my buddy gave me his non-working reverb because he felt sorry for me. I had another brand dropper post that was really
unreliable. I spent about a month on and off tinkering with it. He said it used to work good? I rebuilt the lower part of the post. I replaced the remote hydro button (twice). I replaced the remote hose and barb. I bled it 4 times. I finally found the right combo and it has worked flawlessly for 6 months now. I understand how it works and feel confident it will work for a long time. If it doesn't I'm confident I can fix it and I really have nothing to lose. It was free except the new hose, barb and 2 re-build kits.

I have had three previous dropper posts some good some bad

[Aug 11, 2016]
mitch
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Pretty good product when it works

Totally unreliable and poor customer support

I have had this post for 2.5 years and it has failed about six times
If you call RockShox(SRAM) customer service they just tell you that you have to take it to a shop. Shop send it back to SRAM and charges $150 for a rebuild. I figure that I have spent upwards of $600 in repairs on this post
SRAM recommends a service every 60 hours - so if you ride very ofter every couple of months - or less
No help with any upgrade or service
I will never buy a SRAM product again ( this one came on my Santa Cruz Bronson)
If you buy a bike that specs a Reverb - good luck
Don't say you have not been warned - this post sucks

This is my first negative review of any product - and I've been riding for a long time

[Jul 25, 2016]
Dylan
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Looks good.

Fails after less than 25 uses. RockShox does not honor warranty.

This was my first dropper post - it came on a Santa Cruz Bronson (that I love). The post worked fine for the first 10 rides or so, then began sinking when in the fully extended position. The sinking became more pronounced after every ride until it became unrideable, even compensating by raising the seat. The seals were blown, it wouldn't hold air.
When brought in for warranty, the rep said "The 2 year warranty covers manufactures defects, so if something was broken inside shaft shims ect and does not cover regular service, similar to oil changes in your car vs. you 100,000 km engine warranty."

So I guess the product not working at all is considered normal by Rock Shox. For only $120 they will repair it though.

If you're looking to spend $5/ride on dropper post service cost (plus initial purchase price), then this is the one for you.