RockShox Reverb Stealth Dropper Seatpost

RockShox Reverb Stealth Dropper Seatpost

When you're ripping through rolling terrain, cranking the pedals one minute and getting off the back of the bike the next, no seat height is "just right." The all-new Reverb gives you infinite seat-height adjustment and control of your return speed in a hydraulically actuated remote package. A custom sealing system means the plush and consistent feel of this seat post won't degrade, no matter how much the weather does.

[Mar 14, 2018]
Pieper

Strength:

I was my first dropper and it when it worked it was fun.

I got the Reverb on a new Bronson. The Reverb needed a rebuild after two months of riding, then again after 3 more months, finally in Moab it died and Over The Edge told me I had to send it in. I have already invest close the purchase price of a new post into it and I am now off of my bike for two weeks, and still waiting.

Price Paid:
2016
[Dec 26, 2017]
monkies
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

It's a dropper

It's hydraulic, loses pressure, and probably going to be a maintenance nightmare.

Just look at the user manual, and see if you want to do the regular maintenance of this thing every x hours. It is easy to bleed, but my friends don't have to bleed their posts. I've had it for about 3 months, and have had to top off the air (250psi) twice now..about 1 month apart. I noticed recently that it comes up, but just a tad bit doesn't...until i hit the button and then it comes to full extension.

This thing is already showing too many signs of inconsistency to warrant the maintenance hell that will probably ensue. When a rebuild is required, I'm just going to swap to the Wolftooth system and avoid this stupid hydraulic mess. It came with my bike, but I'm not looking to invest time in continuously servicing a dropper seatpost (I'm more than happy to do a fork oil change because the benefits show).

[Nov 09, 2017]
Jetta2010

Strength:

works without any fuss. durable.

Connectamajig doesn't seem to work (for me) as I still end up having to bleed after disconnect/reconnect. Little play (slight rotation) but nothing that is noticeable when riding

This is my first DP. It came stock on my (new to me) 2015 SC 5010 C S Build. RS Reverb Stealth B1 version. Previous owner said they kept up with the maintenance and so far for me it has worked flawlessly. The only reason I docked a chilly is that the connectamajig which is supposed to allow for a few disconnect/reconnects w/o having to bleed does not seem to work as advertised. Bleeding this is pretty easy. I have no plans to upgrade to actuator to a lever instead of the push button.

[May 24, 2017]
Peter Jensen
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

When it works, the post has a smooth action and looks great with the internal cable routing.

Reliability/Manufacturer support - the initial failure happened about 3 months in to ownership and occurred several miles out in a rocky and hilly trail system. The post failed stuck down and could not be raised. Even with sliding the cable up we weren't able to get a normal saddle height for climbing and my knees hurt for weeks after that ride. The post dumped oil out of my frame and destroyed a spot of carpet. The LBS which sold me the bike attempted to get warranty service for the post but was denied.

I eventually got a closer LBS to rebuild the post completely for $110; it worked for one ride and now slides freely up and down.

During normal operation there is a small amount of fore/aft slop in the post but it's nothing to get concerned about when riding. Don't waste your money - this is beautiful post when it works, but it is not well supported.

[Nov 07, 2016]
mark
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

When it was working its was great, but after 6 months it has failed. But I'm lucky that mine lasted for six months, not like others.
I'm going back to an old school seatpost until they make these droppers more reliable.

Price for the per actual rides is too high. $300/100 or less rides. High Maintenance!!

POS

[Dec 28, 2015]
Serfsale
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

If you have never ridden dropper. Look urself in the mirror and slap yourself. Best upgrade for your rig you can buy. Smooth. Clean.

Mineral Oil is useless at <50f degrees........

Hmmmmmm okay this is not to rag on Sram/Rockshox. This is just to let everyone know who doesn't already. This is a cold winter and my Reverb on early morning rides or night rides has been has been havin issues. If anyone knows the remedy(no I don't want DOT3 oil) please let me know as it can become frustrating. Basically you start off on your ride and it is perfect. You hit the first section and lower it, and it drops perfect!!!!! Then you see the climb and your thumbs hits the button and NO SEAT!!!!! That's right it is stuck in its down position. I have had it bled and refilled but I really think it is our cold So Cal winter we are having this yr 2015. In October after climbing Mustard at Whitting Ranch "in a down position" (came out of Cattle Pond Loop). I sat at the top with the sun beating down on my Remedy 9 - after a few min. poof!! I hit the button and it works just fine. However it is late Dec now and the temp does not come up.....neither does my post. I have been riding this post for a good two years and no problems. I weigh 260lb and no wiggle wobble or play in it what so ever. Just gotta find a way to put a glowplug in the post to keep the Mineral Oil from getting useless.

KS lev

[Sep 04, 2015]
btwnlls

Strength:

Concept and design is on target, but far from a bulls eye! Yes! it's a great strength to press a button and adjust your seat post while riding. Clean cable design! all at the above price BUT....

Failed to return to height as back-pressure kept it sucked down. Weakness? More like after yesterdays ride- Lame!

Less than a dozen rides on the new ROCK SHOCK STEALTH REVERB dropper seat post.
Product failure in the middle of a 14 mile ride had me discover muscles I never knew I had!
After some online searching apparently I'm not the only one to of had this problem.
Yes! for the record this needs to be made public. Rock Shock needs to hear it!
I'm searching the shops for a STANDARD seat post today.
How ROCK SHOCK will service this product failure is another question.

standard seat post

[Aug 17, 2015]
BluePitch

Strength:

When it worked it was very easy to use and operated smoothly. I like how easy it was to push the button in and the adjustable speed dial for return was nice. I liked it to pop back quickly so you could hear the pop when it reached its full extended position. You knew by sound you were ready to go.

I bought this post new,had It for less than 2 months and it developed a clicking noise. On the fifth month it started leaking fluid and sagging. I bought the full rebuild kit, tools and oil to rebuild and it continues to give me problems.

Google reverb clicking and reverb leaky o rings. Avoid this post until they get these flaws worked out. Very expensive post from a company that you expect more from.

First dropper post

[Aug 08, 2015]
BobL
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Smooth action, good looks, infinite positions.

Unreliable, prone to failure. Hydraulic hose connection at remote is fragile and not field repairable. Limited to 125mm drop on 30.9 diameter

This post came stock on my wife's and my Bronson's. Both posts failed within one year of purchase and within a week of each other. RS replaced both under warranty but it took 2 months. Now, both new posts are beginning to "suspension" (drop with out being actuated) again and wobble in less than a year's use.
We're taking a riding trip to Scotland in 3 weeks so getting them replaced under warranty before we leave may be out of the equation so we'll be packing solid posts.
Also, I've broken the threaded hose connector at the remote twice. While it was due to my crashing, it could stand to be made more robust.
Bottom line here is I would not recommend this post to anyone as an aftermarket option. I've had two friends experience the same issues, and after talking to several shops including where I bought my bike, it appears the failure rate is around 20-25%.
I have a KS i950 on an older Blur LT and it's still working well after 5 years of use. Considering both original posts failed within one week of each other and were aboout 10 serial numbers apart tells me it's a QC issue. New posts are a few more numbers apart but again, both failing within a short time frame of each other. While I ride considerably harder than my wife, both posts failing again smacks of QC problems.
And from the video I've seen, it's no simple task to repair these yourself. Special tools and a knack for mechanics are required. Looks easier to fix a leaky fork...

KS i950

[Mar 29, 2015]
JTmofo
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Smooth hydraulic actuation when it works. Internal routing is tidy. Looks great with the black finish.

Connectamjig is too big for my frame routing holes (Yeti SB6). Actuation lever is the most un-ergonomic lever i have ever seen. Blows seals out more often than not. Unreliable and finiky.

I've had this post for 3 months. In that time, the post has been smooth and precise....when its not broken.

Twice in 2 months it has stopped working.

First time, I noticed small deposits of oil around the frame hole and on the hose coming from the frame. After about 2 weeks, the posts started to sink. Removed it to find it had lost a good amount of oil from the internal seal.
Second time, I let the post down to its minimum position, and BOOM..... it was never to return. Oil explosion...

I'm yet to drop it back to the shop for repair.... but safe to say... I dont want it back.

If you're thinking of buying one.... dont. Just buy a KS or Thomson instead.

KS Lev, Thomson Elite, KS Dropzone.