KS Lev Dropper Seatpost

KS Lev Dropper Seatpost

If you haven't tried a dropper seatpost for your gnarly mountain bike rides, you're missing out on an easy way to improve your descending powers. The KS LEV offers the latest in dropper seatpost innovation with the only hydraulically locked and air sprung post to feature zero cable movement and up to six inches of silky smooth travel.

[May 31, 2018]
IPA Rider

Strength:

I guess a plus is that the name has the word "kind" in it

Seat clamp bolts would not stay tight (no wonder since one was too short to engage threads in the nut). Height sagged gradually while riding. Stiction - so you had to bump your seat to get it to move even with remote fully engaged. But the worst part is their customer service...slow responses...accuse customer of being an idiot...user error ("couldn't be anything wrong with our product")...even though there are long threads on the forum with many people discussing the SAME PROBLEM...delay...fail to take any responsibility

Price Paid:
$314
Purchased:
New
[Apr 03, 2017]
Ethan Meginnes

Strength:

I have had 5 KS posts that have lasted well. I had a few warrantees in the early days but they were great on taking care of. More recent posts from them have been terrific. I have even reviewed their posts before defending them a bit.

The 27.2 version has been nothing but trouble. It returns slowly most of the time. It gets stuck and takes a lot repeated downward pressures to release. It got crazy head play in very quickly. Now KS is giving my shop hassles on the last return and that repair only lasted for 3 rides.

It is really too bad because KS had been really good with performance and customer support. I recommended them to a lot of riders. Now I feel completely bit. I am actually tossing this 27.2 post as it just really has cost me so much time. I am just done with KS now.

Reverb, Thomson but have used mostly multiple versions of KS posts.

[Sep 09, 2016]
artnshel
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

150mm drop, mostly reliable

Creaky seat clamp, delay in action

KS Lev Integra. The seat clamps bend and then creak like crazy. If you talk to KS about it they won't do anything even during the warranty. Mine also has a delay issue. I'll try the new fox or 9 Point 8 next.The seat clamps bend and then creak like crazy. If you talk to KS about it they won't do anything. Mine also has a delay issue. I'll try the new fox or 9 Point 8 next. Here's a link to the problem which has been unresolved by KS for 3 years. http://forums.mtbr.com/shocks-suspension/kindshock-lev-seat-clamp-coming-loose-846454.html

Specialized Command Post

[Mar 15, 2016]
Ian Buxton
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Great Dropper

LBS couldn't fix, so had to send in for warranty work

This post is mostly on KS Customer service. I had a stuck valve in the oil cartridge and my LBS couldn't fix it. I sent it into KS 10 days from leaving on a MTB Trip and mentioned that and they turned it around ASAP.

[Sep 22, 2015]
Joe
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Not much to compare it to, so cannot comment here. When you spend over $300 and the product lasts less than 2 yrs., that's a bad product.

The nitro charge gave out too early and it got mushy.

These guys are total weenies and will not stand by their product. They rejected the warranty claim. Bad company, bad product. Avoid KS.

[Sep 22, 2015]
L Castano

Strength:

Works well when new

Doesn't work well after some use

I don't mind paying good money for good products, but spending $400 for a product that repeatedly fails is not pleasant.
Seatpost fails to lock in position and acts like a pogo stick. Sent it in and got fixed, but didn't last too long. Bike shop quoted $175 to fix it because it's now out of warranty. I'm buying a different brand for less money.

[Jul 05, 2015]
C
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Smooth. Reliable. Very good design with no moving cable housing.

None so far. I guess if you twisted my arm to complain about this post, I might say I wouldn't mind a nore adjustible thumb control, like on an angle a bit toward my thumb. But its fine the way it is, I just sometimes miss the button in a pinch-moment have to feel for it sometimes. If I didn't run a second ring up front, I'd have zero issue with the thumb-control as is. I'm limited to how far I can push it down because of the left side front derailuer paddle. I run it on a Knolly, and the cable runs nicely into position in all respects.

I can't for the life of me figure out why this post hasn't averaged at least four chili's??? I must have gotten lucky or something. Mine has been flawlessly reliable, smooth, and instantly responsive even in the rain. Granted, I'm not heavy-weight guy. I'm 5'8", and I weigh in at around 160 pounds with a fully loaded Deuter extreme pack with a spine board in it, So a good deal of direct weight is always on the post... and I take really long rides...sometimes 8 or 9 hour rides, and I usually ride no less than 5 or 6 days a week, with an oca The post gets a lot of use, mostly in dry weather, but some drizzly rain too. Don't ride much in the mud though. Thus far, I just take it for granted that the post is doing its job. All I do is clean it and wipe is down with slick lube after each use. I don't run it at high pressure. I just keep it clean. I might wipe it down if I stop to eat on the trail, but not always.

I'd definitely recommend this post to anyone who want a flawless, smooth and silent actuation, with an adequate thumb knob, and yes, a non-moving cable housing.

I read some of the reviews on this post and I just don't get it. Either the company produces inconsistent quality, or I'm just a lucky bast%rd...? I give it a solid 5 and if it lasts another year and if it THEN craps out? Well, I can live with that. Two solid years out of a post like this is acceptable to me. Just have to wait and see.

Knolly Chilcotin. E-Thirteen TRS-R wheels. Bos Forks

[Jun 05, 2015]
adecola

Strength:

Greatest post I ever used when new. Smooth and easy to control.

Poorly designed seals easily allowed mud to get into unit. After just a few months, started having trouble.

While post still worked, I sent it in to KS for repairs. They sent it back to me in pieces, totally disassembled, saying it was not a warranty issue. I tried to get KS to reassemble the post but they refused and were nasty about it.

[Jun 02, 2015]
icecreamjay
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Light, Reliable, I liked the stock lever, but switched to the KS southpaw and like that even better.

You have to take apart the seat clamp to add air, not that big of a deal because its not something you do very often. Small amount of side to side play, not noticeable when riding.

Ive been using this post for over 3 years now. It was extemely reliable and trouble free for 2.5 years. At that point it started acting up, it wouldn't drop at the beginning of a ride, once I got it "unstuck" it would work fine, then after sitting a day or two it wouldn't work again. Eventually it quit entirely. Took it apart and found the kevlar cable had snapped (it was probably frayed and stretched for a couple of months, thus the on and off working). Ordered a new one and a new wiper seal (since I had it apart) Service was not the easiest job, but it wasn't all that hard either, on par with rebuilding a fork.

Anyway the post is now working like new again. I've ridden it hard for a long time and use it a lot. I now use my dropper post about as often as my shifter. Other than that short period of trouble the post has been very reliable and just plain works. I was surprised at how clean everything was inside when I took it apart. After almost 3 years I expected there to be some dirt or wear and tear but the guts looked almost new.

I have been very satisfied with the ks LEV and I would but another one, except that mine is still going strong.

[Apr 25, 2015]
tadmcmichael

Strength:

Customer service has been addressed. Been very reliable (for a dropper post). Still the lightest. Easy to change a cable vs. the hydraulic Reverb. I like the solid feel when it raises to the top.

Wish these were more user serviceable.

There have been so many negative reviews about customer service for KS Lev, I thought I would provide my experience. I have had my post for a year with good reliability. It started to develop some play so I emailed KS and asked them what the turn around time would be for warranty service. Chris emailed me back promptly and said it's generally about 72 hours. I was a bit skeptical based on some of the recent experience others have had. They received it Thursday and I received tracking confirmation Friday that it was already headed back to me! It appears that they have heard the complaints and have made customer service a priority again.

If you look at the reviews from and feedback from all of the different threads, the KS is the best there in terms of reliability. It's light, has minimal play, and has a positive feel when it raises to the top. I wish all of the droppers had better reliability, but right now it looks like the KS is as good as it gets.