KS LEV-DX remote Dropper Seatpost

KS LEV-DX remote Dropper Seatpost

Kind Shock LEV-DX remote post, (100)335mm: Aluminum dropper with polycarbonate trigger/clamp and cable juntion cap 100, 125 or 150mm drop options with the same air/oil system as the original LEV Stationary remote cable routing, locates housing stop below the center collar Housing stop rotates 360 degrees around the post for custom cable routing options Locks anywhere in vertical range, so post will not extend when lifting the saddle 2-bolt micro-adjustable seat rail clamp, angled bolts increase clamp strength 540g (30.9x125mm)

[Jul 12, 2016]
Cayenne_Pepa
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

~ Air spring actuation
~ Raises with reassuring "thud"
~ Cable has barrel adjustment
~ Easy DIY install
~ Gold slick anodized post is very smooth
~ Minimalist, bar-mounted dropper switch
~ Twin bolt clamp accepts even oversized carbon rails
~ Long service interval

~ High cost of entry

I was averse to "heavy" droppers, until a nasty high-speed crash caused by a fixed, high saddle impeding movement, finally got me reconsidering. The 525g weight is actually imperceptible, as the dropper is perfectly centered. The payoff was the sudden downhill confidence gained. Since deploying the KS-LEV DX....dismounts are now a thing of the past. I can stay comfortably seated, in all but the steepest descents now. The lower center of gravity and increased mobility turned me from a risk-shy, XC rider into a hungry, Trail and Enduro fanatic.

Rock Shox Reverb
DNM Dropper

[Nov 10, 2015]
Hal
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Functionality, ease of installation, cable routing, weight and clamps. It's a nice design especially if you don't have internal stealth routing. It can be user serviced following the thread in this forum. I have not done it yet b/c it is still under warranty. Price is reasonable for this segment.

Reliability, location of shraeder valve and customer service. I have had this post a year. The internal seals failed within 1.5 months. Sent it back for repair under warranty. Put it on the shelf as a back-up for about 8 months until my reverb had to be serviced. Put this back on my bike at that point and it lasted about 2 months before it failed. All told in that year I have used this post about 3.5 (~500 miles). Customer service seems to be understaffed and overworked to the point it really degrades the level of support. Shrader valve is in an annoying position (you need to remove the seat and seat clamps to get to it); minor issue but felt like pointing it out.

This is a great product when it works. However, the unreliability is really troublesome. I hope my experience is isolated, but I don't think it is. I will probably drop this out of my rotation once it is returned from KS.

E-ten, Gravity Dropper, KS i900, Reverb

[Oct 30, 2015]
noshortcuts

Strength:

Longest lasting of the three I've had.

When it's done, it's done. The cable was becoming frayed so I thought, no problem, I'll replace. But it connects to an internal wire at a barrel end. Well the barrel end couldn't handle the process and came off the internal wire. The internal wire is frayed and can't be reused. I emailed "support" twice asking if it can be self repaired or if they can let me know how to get it serviced. NO response. Why post an email address for service if nobody responds?

It's good until it finally needs service.

Maverick Speedball, CB Joplin,

[Mar 10, 2015]
Maxwell

Strength:

Not much play, mechanically robust so far. No air leaks like my reverb had.

Stupid cable coupling mechanism.

Mostly better than my Reverb which I had previously, except for the cable coupler. The spot where the cable attaches is covered by a plastic cap which is held in by an o-ring. This cap pops out, without it, the cable can disconnect, pretty dumb design. Put a zip tie around it.

[Oct 21, 2014]
SDH
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Ergonomic Remote
Fixed Cable Routing
Reliable
One of the lighter seatposts (525g) 125mm, 30.9, 385mm length
Seat clamp is solid and micro adjustable
Smooth and snappy cycling
Price
Set-up (except for adjusting the cable routing)

Adjusting the Cable Route requires you to disassemble the post.

I have about 500miles on this post to date. Has worked flawlessly to date. Love the fixed cable routing. You don't need to worry about the cable rubbing the tire or catching on other stuff. Plus, the older KS posts with the actuator located in the seat clamp area were good mud catchers. So I had to basically clean that out regularly for my post to operate properly. Infinite travel is nice compared to 3 set positions of my GD Turbo. Seat clamp is strong; I haven't had any movement of my seat. Cycles nice and smooth. I have an KS eten and it doesn't come close to the Lev even with the cable adjusted properly. One nice little value added feature with the KS remotes is you can swap out the remote levers if you want to change the color. I have changed mine from black to green. Cable routing adjustment is not simple. Requires you to disassemble the post. After going through that process, I probably would have just purchased the regular LEV or if you are a person uncomfortable taking apart your post. However, this post is a good value so that is a little easier to stomach. Overall, extremely satisfied with this KS product.

GD Turbo
KS eten and i900

[Oct 13, 2014]
Zachariah
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

~ Easiest installation EVER
~ Smooth up/down operation
~ Static cable routing is a PLUS
~ No more compromising optimal ride height/climbing, so you can get behind saddle easier
~ Infinite height adjustability simply rocks
~ Minor periodic servicing required
~ One of the most ergonomic, functional dropper switches out there
~ With post fully extended(up) - you can clamp on your bike stand, with zero movement
~ Top/bottom style, two-bolt seat clamp, even accepts 9mm thick, carbon saddle rails
~ Detachable, "quick release" cable allows dropper post to migrate to other pre cable-installed bikes
~ Ingenius cable retention system, with inline barrel adjuster
~ 515 grams of instant downhill confidence

~ Unlike standard LEV - the LEV DX cable entry collar cannot easily rotate, without much internal disassembly
~ Hard crashes/hits may skew saddle nose sideways...easily re-aligned
~ Very minute side-to-side play(1-2mm?)

I have been long resistant to using dropper posts, until a recent high-speed crash forced me to re-consider. You have absolutely no idea how much your descending skills are impeded, using a fixed high seatpost. Nervous about railing tight switchbacks? A dropper will instantly give you the much-needed set of balls, to turn without ever dismounting. The low center of gravity to freely move about.....is simply priceless. Suddenly, you're clearing techy sections previously requiring hike-a-bike. With no saddle to impede mobility.....you are now Superman. With your saddle height restored back for max leg extension....you climb like a monkey on crack. Don't trip over the weight gain - because it's perfectly centered, offering a sweet balance point and hardly perceptible.

I've tried them ALL extensively....and the KS LEV DX is the best bang out there, hands-down.

Rock Shox Reverb
KS i950/LEV

[Jul 29, 2014]
Bob B
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Easy to set up. Consistently does what its supposed to do.

A bit heavy, but if your looking at getting a dropper post weight is a secondary priority.

I spent a lot of time looking at and demoing various posts out there. For me it came down to the Lev, Fox Doss, Thompson or Gravity Dropper. Each one is a great product but not having internal routing and being a bit of stickler for cable movement it came down to the GD and Lev. I decided on the Lev based on being able to try it extensively before buying it. I was all set to get the regular Lev when I came across the DX version. While a little heavier and slightly less adjustable than the regular Lev it functioned identically and I liked the all black look. I have owned this for several months now and have not been disappointed at all. The action is smooth as silk and does not move laterally at all (I weigh 198 lbs and ride aggressively). Overall I am very satisfied with this purchase so far.

Gravity Dropper Turbo, Fox Doss, KS LEV, Rock Shock Reverb

[May 30, 2014]
Fred Harrison
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Value
Ease of install
Micro adjust seat clamp
Adjustable air pressure for post rebound
Zero cable movement

From new the post had a slight fore and aft play, not enough to notice on rides but enough to cost five chilis.

I have had the post for about a month and love the zero cable movement when dropping the post. The lever is simple to install and use easy to fit with your thumb without having to move your hand to much off the grip. Movement of the post up and down is very smooth and having infinite range of where to drop the post is great. After I have had more time on the post I will post a better review.

Specialized Black Lite, KS i950 supernatural, Krank Bros