Crank Brothers Joplin R Dropper Seatpost

Crank Brothers Joplin R Dropper Seatpost

Crank Brothers Joplin Adjustable Seatpost with Remote provides 75mm range. Remote mounts to handlebar so you can change seat height on the move whenever terrain changes.

[Aug 20, 2013]
craig vandelist

Strength:

sloppy side to side. poor clamp mechanism.

had this for a few seasons. the weaknesses are above. the worst part about this post is that no one can work on them. you need to send it back to crank brothers and i believe they must employ people from drug rehab to work for them. the repair was botched had to return it again still no satisfaction. i will be shopping for a new post.

[Jan 08, 2013]
mdcrisp
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

simple design, and one of the best remotes of any dropper on the market.

has just a bit of side to side play, but you will never notice it out on the trail.

This review is for the Joplin 4R which is the newer and revised version of the original Joplin.
I have owned this post for 2 years now, and other than the once a year service the post has required, it has been trouble free. (no mechanical device that takes a lot of abuse and has moving parts is going to last forever without service and maint.) I did have a recent issue with the top seal leaking after just having the post serviced 9 months ago, and crankbrothers stepped up to the bat and fixed it for free minus shipping. Crank Brothers has outstanding customer service. Overall I have been very impressed with the post considering I am hard on parts and I use my dropper a lot on rides. For the amount of money you can pick one up for now days I would not hesitate to get one. However I do have a few suggestions, first make sure that 4 inches of travel is all you need. I am 6ft4 and I recently bought a Lev dropper so that I could have 6 inches of drop in my dropper post. My Joplin 4R is going on my wifes bike. Second I would advise anyone who buys a dropper post to get a remote version. having to reach down below a seat everytime you want to drop your dropper post is just stupid when there is remote versions that allow you to keep your hands on the handle bars.

KS Lev

[Aug 23, 2012]
Michael Jordan

Strength:

Post does what it's supposed to. It goes upand down quickly and easily. It's a simple proven design that feels solid.

Eventually the internal seals blow.

I bought this used but looking and working like new on Craigslist for a great price over 1 1/2 years ago. It worked great until recently. I talked to customer service and they sent me the new seal FREE. These guys are great. I have yet to install it. I found a new Joplin 4 for an incredible price on pinkbike and for the price of a re-build I have a new post. It is working great. These require regular maintenence (every 3 months or so) if you ride 4 days a week. This takes about 20 minutes to open up post, re-lube the internals, and check and renew air pressure. I would have given it 5 chilis if not for the blowout. I will buy another when this one wears out.

Maverick Speedball for 4 years