Bontrager Drop Line Dropper Seatpost

Bontrager Drop Line Dropper Seatpost

• Remote cable actuation with ergonomically designed under-bar lever
  • Air-sprung hydraulic locking cartridge offers infinite adjustability within dropping range
  • Keyed chassis prevents rotation for a stable ride
  • 2-bolt rocker head with micro adjustment allows for easy saddle tilt adjustment
  • Internal cable routing keeps housing tucked away and free from moving wheel

[May 27, 2018]
jukeyboy

Strength:

Pops up slowly. Works like most posts on the market. After a year with this post, I am still not happy with it at all. The side to side play is horrible! It doesn't pop up all the way. I have done everything from cleaning the seals to using dropper post lube. It's just a bad design. I know that many droppers experience this problem but it doesn't make it right. I recently purchased a Trek Stache for my son that came with this post on it. It came from Trek not working at all. The post barely drops. You have to slam your weight down to get it to go down. Maybe it will come come up if you don't yank it up.

Gets stuck a lot. Cabling binds on my Trek Stache 9.8. Pops up slowly (my last post was the Fox that popped up quickly). I'm conflicted. Creaks a bunch. Side to side play. Not worth it!

Price Paid:
2017
OVERALL
[Oct 07, 2016]
mtnbikerva1

Strength:

Too soon to tell.

Rotational Play in the post, not a lot but it is there.
Button to operate post takes a lot of force when you buy the optional for a 2x drive train.

Not great not terrible.
I have only had it a few weeks, so it is too early to give a quality long term review.

OVERALL