9point8 The Pulse Dropper Seatpost

• Length: 400mm
  • Seat rail clamp offset: 25mm

[Oct 27, 2014]
DrDon

Strength:

Reliable, step drop, seems to have good customer service

relative to other posts - none

I had another dropper which would fail every 10th ride. It was replaced with a Thomson but it didn't have enough offset. After reading many reviews I felt that ultimately all droppers would fail me one or twice a year. I weigh 250lbs and I assumed that I am too big for a dropper. Well, I did get the 9.8 because my friends were starting to ride steeps. After I ordered the post, 9.8 announced they were coming out with a lower priced infinite adjust and a longer travel with increased step increments Pulse post. I couldn't exchange mine because I already used it once or twice - fair enough. I liked it, but took it off because I ride a 29er and most of the terrain I ride it's hard for me to go over the bars. I wanted to preserve it's operational life. I put it back on and discovered that I do like it. What surprised me most is that I only drop it 5mm most of the time. Such a little drop makes a big difference when traveling over level and slightly downward chunky terrain. The trigger is well positioned. Still a somewhat early review, but I have high hopes for longevity. I usually wait until posting impressions, but so far I like this young Canadian upstart.

OVERALL
[May 18, 2014]
SlowerThenSnot

Strength:

Very smooth, can be setup "setback" and there is a thumb lever and mini brake lever looking option for the actuation of the post, plenty of way to set it up vertical or horizontal, if you have a crowded cockpit, a lifetime warranty

External cable routing, however its well protected and clever wait to attach the cable to the lower portion of the post, maybe a bit heavy

very impressed with the action of the post and the way you have options with the controls and the best part of this post is 2 step drop actuation press the lever a little bit and the post drops 5mm pull it all the way and post goes into infinite mode and you can drop the full 100mm.

OVERALL