Zoom Telephonics Bar ends Bar End

Zoom Bar ends

Omar   Cross Country Rider [Mar 09, 2006]
Strength:

-It looks good
-Very strong
-Cheap

-Tends to be slippery if wet

This is a great product cause its cheap, strong and looks good. How strong is it? Very strong, Why? Cause I fell at Penang Hill and the bike went sliding sideways and the barend only leave scratches. Another accident is where it was raining and I quickly brake cause a car is coming and I fell cause the Tyres slide, and lose control. After I stand up I checked my bike, My pedal is completely busted but my barend is perfectly ok. And my last incident is where I tried to do a wheelie and I fell, damn that Injury was bad but again my Zoom Bar end only end up with more scratches. I think the only way this Bar end will be broken if I fell A LOT of times until the Aluminium Broken off.

Similar Products Used: None
Brent   Racer [Jan 29, 2002]
Strength:

Good length and multiple positions. Rubber does help hands. Strong without much flex. Well-built product compared to other's I've seen. Pretty light!

Smooth finish sometimes doesn't provide enough grip, but not a huge deal if you wear gloves.

These came with my Novarra Arriba bike quite a few years ago and they have been nothing but awesome. I love these things. They look, feel, and perform great.

bladteth   Cross Country Rider [Aug 12, 2000]
Strength:

+ stiffness
+ price

- none

Zoom bar ends do their work. Once I had an accident during wintertime. I was riding fast on icy trail and slipped. My bike crashed on the bar end, bending it inward. Despite my efforts I could not straighten Zoom in the wood and have done it in workshop with a little help from my tools. Since then (February 1999) I still use the same pair of Zooms and they have not fail anymore. I would recommend them for anyone.

Similar Products Used: TranzX, nonames
Aaron   Cross-Country Rider [Mar 30, 1999]
Strength:

Super ergonomic design
Lightweight
Rubber covering - easier on the hands
Short - don't hit car mirrors when I ride between lanes

None apparently.

The price is what I paid, so it's not absolute. The bar ends are great. Very impressed with their ergonomics. They have a very solid feel for out of the saddle climbing or to simply allow a more comfortable riding position. Highly recommended.

Similar Products Used: Syntace Bar ends (long!)
OEM 1997 GF Big Sur ends
sam   Weekend Warrior [May 14, 2005]
Strength:

Cost
Ability to last a long time and only

slippery when wet

Theese were very cheap and have lasted me over three years. They were slightly slippery when they were wet. I dont see why people need to buy expensive bar ends, as theese do what bar ends are supposed to, and probably only weigh a little more