Titec Pluto Carbon Bar End

Pluto Carbon

SwankyTitec logo on a gloss-finish carbon fiber bar end. 110mm long, 110g / pair with an ergonomic "thumb rest"Tip. Beveled clamp for enhanced compatibility with carbon handlebars.

sandcritter   Cross Country Rider [Aug 09, 2012]
Strength:

Comfortable. Really, really comfortable.

Slick. Really, really slippery slick.

If these bad boys had some texture (and being so curvy makes adding texture tricky), they'd be "great". But as is, for the non-weight-weenie, these are pretty darn nice. No larger than needed, and well executed.

Similar Products Used: (way back) Coda XYZ, Salso MoJo, or nothing
Alex   Racer [Jul 09, 2007]
Strength:

Quality build, Ergonomic Shape, Carbon look is great, Very comfy.

Maybe a bit too heavy for a carbon bar-end. (110g is rather heavy for a bar-end by racers standards)

Well worth the price and the most comfy and best looking ar-end you can buy, although the weight may be an issue if you are a weight weenie. There are lots of different hand positions you can have. They also have small scratches after a bit of use, but nothing to ruin the look ;)

Similar Products Used: X-Lite bar end
Sean   Cross Country Rider [Mar 17, 2006]
Strength:

Ergonomic, conform perfectly to my hands, weight, look awesome.

coating, but I imagine it's consistent to all carbon products.

This is my first carbon fiber product, and I'm pretty satisfied. Except for the two times I accidentally dropped my bike on the pavement while returning from a ride, they have handled well. However, those two times that they did fall on the pavement resulted in a pretty good road rash and a few chips where they contacted the pavement (pretty small though). I guess if you buy these, make sure you get a deal like I did or you might be pretty peaved the first time your bike takes a spill on anything but an actual xc trail. Maybe this is consistent with all carbon fiber products, but since this is my first I can't say but would imagine that is in fact the case.

As for the functionality, they're amazing. When I first started riding I used barends, then trimmed down my bar so I could cut faster through singletrack. After a 5-6 year hiatuss a fellow rider suggested that barends help tremendously for technical climbs, so I did some research, tried a few out in my hands, and came to this product. Well he was right, my climbing abilities have doubled, I can make it up almost every techincal climb now with little to no effort (this applies to barends in general, as I'm sure the same could be said for most models). The good thing about this particular model is that they point far enough inward where approaching trees are not an issue Overall, I would say these are excellent, but I'll be sure to be more careful when resting my bike against my jeep.

Similar Products Used: old style aluminum barends
B-Ray   [Apr 29, 2007]
Strength:

Great product, hand postion is awsomeand how long they are.

None that I have found

Great product I suggest trying them put u won't be dissapointed at all.

Similar Products Used: all kinds of barends
Andrew   Racer [Jul 17, 2006]
Strength:

Weight, egronomics, looks.

can be easly damaged if bike is droped on concrete, price is 40 bucks, but thats nothing compared to the actually cost of the bike.

By far the best bar end you will ever buy