Titec Mag 99s Bar End

Mag 99s

Straight and to the point: ultralight Magnesium alloy, in a minimalist and functional design.

• Material: Magnesium with Forged Aluminum Clamps
  • Bend: Straight
  • Color: Black

• User Reviews (11)

Brad   cross-country rider [Sep 26, 1998]

I really like the titec shorties. They are nice and light and a very minimalist design, just what I was looking for. The only problem that I've run into is slipping on them a bit when I start sweating a lot. Which is about all the time here in Florida. Still they provide just enough leverage to be useful while letting you shift riding position on flat sections. Good stuff for weight conscious people.

jon   cross-country rider [Mar 13, 1998]

These are the best ends I have ever tried. Super light, and small. They are out of the way until you need them, then they are out of the way again, unlike big ski-bend bar-ends. I use a riser bar for an otherwise traditional XC setup, and these bars have the perfect inwrad angle to offset the slight 'back bend' most riser bars have, keeps them in perfect position. I highly reccomend them.

Terrible Terry D   Racer [Jun 29, 2000]
    Strength:

One of the slickest bar ends on the market. The best bar end I have seen, the only other bar end that comes close is the one at Fanny's.

Buy this product if you want to be like Terry! Love these bar ends, for that reason, I give it 5 flaming hot steaming right from the fire into the flame chilis

Similar Products Used: KY
    SB Dave   Weekend Warrior [May 16, 1999]
    Strength:

Ergonomically best bars I've ever had, I'm on my second pair since my first were lost in a friends truck. Very strong, looks great especially with scrapes and battle damage. I've since sold two of my friends on them as well.

My current pair have bent, not the end itself but the clamping mechanism when I biffed hard and drove it into the ground, the clamp bent perfectly into the Hyperlite bar, they are a match now, I cannot fit them to a new bar when I get one....damn. I have broken other ends before though, no biggie.

I wouldn't try another bar end. I have found the one that fits my hand, is superdurable, looks killer, and doesn't get in the way. Recommended for all except those who ride through thick brush regularly (they can catch and pitch)

Similar Products Used: Onza's & Giant generic
    Joe   racer [Jan 20, 1999]

I don't use barends all the time. My bike came with ski bend barends that were pretty light but seemed a little too bulky. These give you all the same position opsions of ski bends but they're smaller and you save 25-50 grams. They are fairly flexy but you can still use them in technical sections of the trail. Great for cornering.

Team Cheestring World DH   downhiller [Jan 20, 1999]

Hmmmm... bar-ends, eh! What are they for? Personally, as part of TCWDH, we think it is extremely funny to fir bar-ends to obscure parts of our DS bikes. All you cross country boys will probably be fuming at this, but we like a good climb as much as the next man (at the chippy). Don't buy these bar-ends, get yourself a couple of cheestrings and glue them to the end of your flat bar with a pritstick. Highly nutritious hill climbing accessories in a jiffy...Well... it's rating time boys, to be honest, I've never even heard of these things but I give bar-ends in general a big fat five, and a Polaris winnig grin...If you agree or disagree with my comments, please feel free to e-mail me...

koala   cross-country rider [Oct 28, 1998]

these are awesome. I'm not a weight weenie so i'd opt for the 25g more (oh no!!), and $15 less, aluminum bars. The short bars are nice for an aditional hand position on long rides, but don't get too much in the way. I also like some bars to keep my hands from slipping off. These bars are awesome if you want something small, light, and cheap.

Rob   cross-country rider [Jan 15, 1998]

These are fine little ends.If you are all techno weenie you'll love the weight shavings.I don't like the grip very much but they are pretty tough over all.Had a problem with slippage on my bars but I solved that.I think I'll give it four chilly willy...blah blah blah blah blah blah 50 words there!

Will   cross-country rider [Jul 24, 1997]

These are a great lttle bar end. They are small, well shaped, and easy to use. I like them much better than the long types because I do not have to worry about them getting snagged on anything.Great feelVERY VERY VERY light

Gunner   Cross Country Rider [Sep 12, 2006]
    Strength:

light , short (which i love) , dont bend (been in lots of crashes)

scratch too easily

good bar ends if you take care of them