Titec Carbon 100s Bar End

The lightest, most popular and grooviest-feeling bar ends ever! Ergonomic shape fits your hands perfectly, and the carbon construction keeps `em feathery light at just 100 grams per pair!

• Material: Carbon fiber with forged aluminum clamps
  • Bend: Anatomical shape
  • Color: Carbon

• User Reviews (25)

Michael Drawdy   Weekend Warrior [May 20, 2003]
    Strength:

The contour and finish of the bar ends results in an outstanding grip. Additionally, they are so comfortable. The light weight is nice but nearly all bar ends are within a couple ounces of each other...

None so far!

If you find bar ends indispensable like I do, then you will find these very comfortable. The price is reasonable for what you get. I highly recommend them.

Similar Products Used: Been riding with bar ends since '88. Probably have owned 10-20 different types. They are expendable.
    dale   Cross Country Rider [Jan 26, 2002]
    Strength:

very light,fit hand well

carbon fiber is kind of fragile

very nice,light and fits your hand well when you are up out of the saddle on a climb.

Similar Products Used: lp,supergo
    Brad   Cross Country Rider [Oct 22, 2001]
    Strength:

light, good ergo

none that i've found

OK, these are light and feel good on my hands,, what more can I ask for? I've crashed with these at least 6 times and they are not broken, the aluminum clamp's scratches will attest. But they are carbon and prone to breaking, so if your the type that breaks things buy something more durable. I guess its fashonable not to use bar ends nowadays but if you slog up fire roads for an hour you will be glad you have them.

Similar Products Used: control tech
    shiny_car   Cross Country Rider [Oct 12, 2005]
    Strength:

nice ergonomics; nice carbon fibre finish; very light; nicely sculptured clamp that suits CF bars

retail price is expensive and would not make them great value; no ski-bend so limited hand position

I have the newer release '05 bar-ends that apparently feature a stronger union between carbon fibre bar and clamp and slight change in shape; very nice finish and very light; quite small so wouldn't suit larger hands; nor do they have the extra length of a ski-bend which limits hand positions; I haven't had any accidents to test out their strength but hopefully they'll withstand the punishment; if you're after a well-finished bar-end that's light and not cumbersome, these are worth considering, although at full retail they wouldn't be very good value

Similar Products Used: BBB aluminium bar-ends
    Brit Orndorf   Racer [May 18, 2000]
    Strength:

Stiff cool looking Carbon Fiber, ergonomic fit

None so far

Good feel very stiff, match up very well with Easton Carbon Bar. Fit great in hands with a slight taper towards the bar. Minimal design less weight. A little worried about what will happen once they begin bouncing off the big goony rocks in Central Pennsylvania. No complaints so far

Similar Products Used: Onza CWA
    Scotty   Cross-Country Rider [Jan 10, 2000]
    Strength:

Light, look nice

strength?

I must admit I bought these barends for the chi-chi carbon fiber coolness aspect, but was happy at the way they performed... at first. Unfortunately, I had an instance where I laid my bike down on a loose corner and ever since it feels as if the bond between the carbon fiber extension and the clamp is working it's way loose. Just a couple weeks ago, I noticed a rattling noise, almost like there is a ball of glue or something loose inside the carbon extension. I'll send it back to Titec and see if they warranty it, or write it off as crash damage... Until then I'll use the aluminum bar ends I got from Supergo for $8 with confidence (no bonds to come loose). 5 stars for initial performance - 2 stars for lack of durability in minor accidents

Similar Products Used: assorted bar ends
    Ron   Cross Country Rider [Jan 12, 2001]
    Strength:

Weight, look cool, customer service

None yet....

I wrote the previous poor review, and to my surprise Titec notified me about 5 months after I sent them my broken bar end for replacement.... long after I had given up any hope of hearing from them. Turns out they read my MTBR review and contacted me to make things right - which they did. I had a new pair of bar ends in a week. We all work hard for our money, and when we pay top dollar for good equipment it should perform as such. I applaud Titec's efforts, even though they were belated. Once they discovered their mistake they made every effort to correct it. My confidence in Titec has been restored.

So far the bar ends have lived up to the Company line, and they've performed well.... well enough for chili upgrades...

James W   Weekend Warrior [Aug 09, 2000]
    Strength:

Good Design. good design when riding.

got tangled up in a root and had a low speed crash. Barend hit a rock and it shattered material. Needs to allow more punishment than falling over in a low speed crash. In fact fell over on the derailler side and it was not hurt. ???

Nice looking barend. Big bucks. Kind of fragile.