Syncros Bar Ends Bar End

Syncros Prohorn Bar Ends

Greg Loder   cross-country rider [Dec 03, 1996]

The quality is here, but I simply do not care for the one only hand position.
Also, it seems I can't get the best possible leverage on climbs. Not for me.

damon campbell   cross-country rider [Nov 24, 1996]

The main feature i like about these bar ends is the small extension on the back of the bar end. Having that little stub really makes things more comfortable when you are cranking up the hills. It also gives your bike a distinctive look.
These are a very ergonomical, clean, and functional design, but good luck getting them- as far as i know, syncros discontinued the prohorn.

Phil R.   weekend warrior [Jun 24, 1996]

I recently switched from Trek's run-of-the-mill System 2 ends, to the Prohorn. Not only are they lightweight AND provide ample positions for your hands, but being from Syncros, they look very cool too. While no one will live or die because of bar ends, these are a nice chi-chi upgrade.

Mike   downhiller [Jul 24, 1996]

Because I must climb before I descend, I purchased these bar ends. Mine are different from the one pictured above. They have the same clamping device but are cut similar to Onza CWAs They have an L-bend created by two pieces of aluminum which are welded together . I found them to be much lighter than they look. I don't know the exact weight but they're pretty light, if that's what you're looking for. Also, they don't slip. The clamping device takes a firm hold on the handlebar. The best feature is their comfort. The little extension that projects to the back of the handlebar provides a nice position for out-of-the-saddle climbing. The only gripe I have with them is that the clamp does take up quite a bit of space on the handlebar. Other than that, these bar ends are very nice.

Jerry Meyers   cross-country rider [Feb 13, 1997]

I had these barends for a couple of years and just recently tried to put them on my new bike. The treads stripped on one even though it was greased and I was not over tightening the bolt. My LBS sent them back and was credited by Syncros without delay. My LBS said that all the Syncros barends they have sold stripped and were returned (7 pair) so this is not an isolated incident. Anyway I liked the design and was very happy with them until they stripped. You have to respect syncro for backing up there warranty but they really need a steel insert like the Control Tech barends that I replaced them with.