RooX Litehorns 106 Bar End

• 26 mm diameter for better steering control
  • Machined from a solid block aluminium 7020-T6

• User Reviews (6)

Mads Meldgaard   Cross Country Rider [Feb 04, 2002]
    Strength:

Suitable for carbon bars
    Thick (better handling)
    Light-weight

none so far

I was surprised to feel the better handling the thicker design gives you. They are simpel, but do the job!

The 100% vertical screw direction makes them well-suited for carbon bars like the Easton CB2

Similar Products Used: X-lite, Coda
    Robert   Cross Country Rider [Oct 29, 2002]
    Strength:

Light, good looking, great feeling

One of the most loved part on my bike, I even don´t need my bar anymore...
    Really great for long uphills, Simply and efficient construction. Highly recommended for cc-racers!

Tony   Weekend Warrior [Jan 09, 2003]
    Strength:

- One piece forged aluminum
    - Made in Austria (just threw this in here since I've never owned anything made in Austria)

- Sticker graphics
    - Expensive

I bought this simply because it matches my Yeti. Yeah, yeah, I'm a poser wannabe, so shoot me.

The graphics are cheap-ass looking. It's not even painted or laser etched - it's simply a sticker, which is not even clear-coated. It's going to peel off real quickly. Otherwise, the bar end does its job. After all, a bar end is a bar end is a bar end... I like the one-piece cold forged design. Nice. However, I noticed I have to really really tighten the bolt down to keep it clamped. Bought this for $50 Canadian dollars which is about $32 American. Very expensive for a bar end, IMO. But what the hell, how many people around my neighbor are riding Roox barends? None.

Similar Products Used: Profile
    jonowee   Cross Country Rider [Feb 20, 2005]
    Strength:

-Machined from 7020 billet by Roox and they know how to CNC stuff good. Machined not forged.
    - Larger diameter good for more 'large' hands.
    - Nice big bolts
    - Great clamping without excessive torque compared to other bar ends
    - Pricing is fair for a very high quality product like this

- Might be too fat for smaller hand-ed people
    - Smooth finish may be slippery when greasy but I have to test that in winter.
    - Roox logo is only a sticker, not good enough IMO.
    - Might be good or bad, but no ski bend, but these bar ends are used differently.

Now some might say AUD$55 I paid for this is excessive, I think not.
    I paid AUD$30 (discounted) for Titec Shorties which are the second best bar ends I've used. Those are forged, meaning cheap to manufacture in large volume, this clamping system on the Roox just rocks compared to anything I've ever used.

Overall these are great, IMO they should be anodised making them grippier and have laser-etched graphics for durability sake. But those two concerns have been solved with Roox's new MXC Litehorns.

If I could find them new MXC Litehorns I would buy them, straight away if I had the money on me, yes prices overseas I found out are about double these, but these rock, and the new evolution will rock even harder.

These are 5 Flamin Chillis Hot!