Ritchey WCS Ergo Bar End

WCS Ergo

When it's time to stand up in the saddle, shift your grip to your Ritchey WCS Ergo Bar Ends, and haul ass up the mountain. This extra-light bar end has an increased inward sweep, making it ideal for use with riser bars. An angled clamp slot reduces the stress on lightweight handlebars.

Ecogeek   Cross Country Rider [Jul 15, 2010]

Light. Do a job. Good clamps work with carbon bars. Strong enough. I've skimmed them off a few trees with no damage. Finish is quite durable too. You would have to hit something non-lithic very hard to damage the finish. Obviously rocks will chew them up fast.

Could be more ergo w finger grips. And more grippy w some sort of rubberised coating. But it would all add weight and I bought cos they were light! So I negate my own ideas.

Like these bar ends. My review is for the 110mm specifically. They are lighter than listed in the description, so I assume this is supposed to be for the longer ones. But the only other review spots are for the shorter ones, so I'll go here.
The super-short ones only save about 10g off the bike. But they don't angle inwards. This would be ok (not great but OK) on a FLAT and straight bar. If you run a riser bar or something with sweep, you should be using the 110mm ends that point inwards. Then you won't snag them on everything you pass. In fact, they protect your hands.
I love my Ritchey bar ends so much I'd almost refuse to ride trails involving a lot of climbing without them.
Took them on a 43km trail with 1000m total gain last week. Obviously I spent most of my *time* (if not distance) hanging onto these bar ends. On long rides, another hand position is another reason to have these and the 110mm inward angled WCS model is just the ticket.
They are not cheap for what they are (40g each of alu, a bolt and a plastic cap). But I feel they are worth $25 for a generally better climbing experience.
Highly recommended.
NB. Another things bar ends can do for you, is help you DESCEND.
No, I am not insane. The fact that the bar-ends extend your cockpit means you can run the bars a cm or two farther back but still get better climbing on the bar-ends than you would on the bars. As the bars are now back a little, you can descend better too. And the shorter stem can improve handling and compensate in part for the weight of the ends.
Good thinking! Get some. ;)

Similar Products Used: Various inc Trans-X(ual), KCNC, and no-name.