Ritchey WCS Bar Ends Bar End

The WCS SL Bar Ends by Ritchey give you more hand positionsTo avoid hand fatigue while allowing youTo get farther overThe front wheel during climbs. Angled clamp slot reduces stress on lightweight bars 3D-Net shaped cold forged one-piece design Constructed of 6061 alloy Published weight: 65g

T.R.   Cross Country Rider [May 20, 2013]
Strength:

light, comfortable, narrow clamp, work with carbon bars, reasonable price

I've got these on 3 bikes, work great, and give me all the alternative hand position benefits I need for long climbs, technical climbs, or whatever. I proudly use them on carbon riser bars just to piss off the fashion police. I've been riding mountain bikes since before most of them were born anyway.

Allan Aston   [Jun 27, 2012]
Strength:

Lightweight (64grams for short version), Strong, Ideal length for climbs. Look good!

Well worth the money! (can be found cheaper elsewhere!)

xmessenger   Weekend Warrior [Aug 29, 2011]
Strength:

weight,fit.

Did alot of research before getting these bacause I wanted light weight w/o paying a hundred bucks. Don't buy into the carbon craze for barends.I learned that carbon actually weigh more and cost way more. These fit great. I can use my whole hand for climbs, unlike stubbies, yet these weigh less than most stubbies , also I didn't want any extra bar end than what I needed. Size wise, these fit the bill perfect,

Similar Products Used: other bar ends I cannot recall.
Latias93   Cross Country Rider [Feb 21, 2009]
Strength:

Strong, durable, easy to hold, looks good, doesn't bend.

This product portrays your average bar end, a short, metal stub except that is displays a Ritchey WCS logo. Ritchey also has another similar bar end but it's called the Ritchey Comp. This bar end isn't ergonomic like the Bianchi makes, but it doesn't matter because almost everyone uses these simple bar ends.

This bar end helps you boost your uphill cycling power.

Gimpie7   Cross Country Rider [Dec 04, 2008]
Strength:

Very Light, Pretty when new,

Don't hold up if go down

I really liked these when I first got them. Then the paint started to wearing off. No biggie. Then I crashed. Bent the end of the barend. Bent it back. Hooked a tree. Bent the other one. Bent it back. Crashed again. Bent again. Rinse repeat. Honestly I really wanted to like these but if they can't hold up to some minor falls, then there garbage. And I really don't see how ritchey can sleep at night charging as much as they do for these. Sure there light but they are weak. $40 for some thin wall aluminum tubes with clamps on the end is just retarded.

So if you never crash, have a lot of money, and need the lightest stuff on the market, then sure buy these. But if you like pushing yourself into turns, haulin' down some hills and don't mind a little extra weight(in your wallet) then look elsewhere.

Similar Products Used: Just some old no namers.
Halil Ozturk   Cross Country Rider [Sep 29, 2005]
Strength:

Perfect stability

Just 90gr., and has perfect stability, and also has perfect color (black version) and paint job. It's completely Ritchey...

Dimitri   Cross Country Rider [Oct 20, 2004]
Strength:

Very light weight! It's a Ritchey!

Very lightweight and short! Only 90gr. per pair!

Similar Products Used: Carbon no name, Amoeba, Ritchey Comp
SGT. ROCK   Racer [Oct 20, 2004]
Strength:

Inexpensive
Lightweight
Durable finish

A little too long

Very good bar ends, but personally I prefer the similar TITEC Micros for mostly personal reasons - they are a little shorter than the Ritcheys, and they angle inward at a slightly greater angle. The WCS are a little lighter, though (90g vs. 115g).