Profile Racing OS Bar Ends Bar End

OS Bar Ends

Matt   [May 18, 2000]
Strength:

light, narrow clamp profile, great shape

Okay, okay, so I actually have the Boxer bar ends, but there are no other Profile options. The L bend is circular, not a sharp angle like the crappy Airbornes, plus the clamp profile is a lot narrower, which is helpful when your handlebars are only 550mm.
I've got pretty big hands, and tend to ride in wet places, so I wrapped them in a layer of athletic tape. Everything's jake now. If you're looking for a pair of l-bend bar ends, I can't see any reason to buy anything else, unless you find a pair for less (than $20).

Similar Products Used: original Onza bar ends (with expansion wedge), Airborne Joy Styx, Avenir L-bend bar ends
Ben   Cross Country Rider [Jun 10, 2001]
Strength:

Super oversized sectional width

none these are great

These are great bar ends. I have rather large hands and the Super oversized sectional width is a life saver. If you are the type that wants the very best and most expensive then don't buy these. If you are the type that wants the very best wether the price be high or not then you cant get much better.

Similar Products Used: Profile design regular boxer bar ends
Richie-Rich   weekend warrior [Oct 28, 1998]

These are great bar ends. Nice and Big with a good surface gripping area, plus no flex. Having tried a number of bar-ends, I can tell you all bar end's are not the same. Perfect if you have large hands like I do.

mja   Cross Country Rider [Feb 02, 2001]

Subject: Profile Design SOS Carbon "Briefs" bar ends. "Briefs" look sharp -- black and gray
weave, and seem solid. Of course, the real test comes out on the trails. As I found them to be somewhat smaller than expected, I herein provide the specs, as
determined by me, for your advantage:

Oval design, with ergonomic shaping, and overall "ski" bend (130 degrees), with curved portion making up roughly one-
third of the overall length. Maximum diameters of 25mm and 31mm (oval). Length (measured from handlebar) of 100mm; width (parallel to bar) of 43mm; and clamp width
of 18mm. Weight of 65g each (courtesy of the post office).

Hope this helps interested parties. And no, I do not work for Profile!

Bizario   Cross Country Rider [Dec 21, 2002]
Strength:

Comfortable, Strong, Light & Good Looks :o)

None, Zero, Zip

These bar ends are the cat’s meow. I have two pairs of the Boxer OS. The first pair is over 3 years old and they look (scratched and worn) like it it. The second pair is about 3 months old and look a bit different (shape & diameter) but I like them just the same. I have big hands and these bar ends have a narrow clamping area. They also leave the bars straight away at first and then turn in. This leaves room for my little finger to exist. They weigh 150 Grams for the pair, which is the same as the LP Composites, which cost 3 times the cash and didn’t offer the longer length (or the room for my little finger). I ride many ungroomed (deer) trails and the extra length gives my knuckles added protection from branches. If you have small hands then get the regular ones, if you have big hands then get the OS. 5 flaming chilies from this rider!

Similar Products Used: LP Composites, Avenir, Control Tech, GT Brama Bars & Many others.
Brian   Weekend Warrior [Jul 24, 2002]
Strength:

big size is comfortable, sharp looking

they use metric screws, i stripped the screw on one(i know im dumb) and im finding it nearly impossible to find a replacement.

these are good bar ends but dont strip the screws... the should have used american standard sized screws.