Power Tools Barends Bar End

Barends

Power Tools Barends

Bill Cohen   weekend warrior [Jan 16, 1997]

They came with my KHS Pro. They are not very fancy but they work fine and seem
to be fairly light weight. The name wears off after a few rides.
I give them 4 stars, they lose one star for being so plain

Pedal   [Jan 16, 1997]

Why aren't these as good as my original ONZA's, which I always transfer to my best bike?
1 Slightly smaller diameter - so not as comfortable to grip.
2 In common with many current barends they have a way sticking out section at the bottom, around and including the hex bolt. I can't be the only rider who likes to change hand position on long rides, including a 'half barend' grip with my fingers under that part. On the ONZA's the bolt is fully recessed in a smooth design under the clamp. Can't hold the Powertools like that - do you hear me in Taiwan!?
They are reasonably light and have a good narrow clamp - but who would buy a set if they didn't come with a new bke?

BILL   Weekend Warrior [Jun 21, 1999]

GOOD LENGTH, ALLOWS TWO DIFFERENT HAND POSITIONS, GETS A LITTLE SLIPPERY, ADDING GRIP TAPE HELPS

Kenny Charles   weekend warrior [May 17, 1997]

I got a pair of power tools bar ends on my KHS Alite 1000. They are very lightweight but for lack of style I give em' 4 hot things.

Kenny Danner   [Jun 15, 1996]

These bar ends are what are coming on most bikes. They give you support, but not a lot of added weight thanks to the small size. I like the Power Tool bar ends.

Sixeight 310 310   Cross Country Rider [Mar 26, 2002]
Strength:

way light for the price, allow good room on a short grip

slick slick slick as is.

I cut the top curve off with a tube cutter and they are perfect for resting my hands on a long ride. Very light and the connection allows me to use most of the short grip that came with the bike. For the price I think way hard to beat. wrapped them with some high quality electrical tape and grip is no longer a problem.

Similar Products Used: none
Andreas   weekend warrior [Jun 24, 1996]

Lightweight, but slippery if you're not wearing gloves and your hands start getting sweaty.

matt   Cross Country Rider [Jun 18, 2002]
Strength:

light, look cool, good shape

slick, they are smooth, so the slightest bit of water on these turns them into a wet bar of soap. clamp sucks, constantly have to tighten, nut is on the bottom, right where you want to put your hands if you want to widen your grip.

they came with my khs, they have served there purpose, good for a cheap pair of bar ends. if money is a concern then theses will do, but if performance is more of a concern go with some onzas if you can find them