Onza Stogies Bar End

Stogies

Stogies

frank   Cross Country Rider [Feb 18, 2002]
Strength:

They are very light and very durable, and they look good.

None.

These bar ends are perfect for me anyway. I was looking for a new set of bar ends and the shop owner told me about these onza ends, and once i laid my hands on them on his bike, i was sold. they fit perfectly and they are not excessively long like most other bar ends. bottom line is they look good, work well, and are super durable. I highly recomend this product.

Similar Products Used: profile bar ends...
Sam   Weekend Warrior [Aug 08, 2002]
Strength:

Good looks, comes in Many colors, very Sturdy and Comfortable

Slippery in wet conditions

Good Barends for the price

Similar Products Used: Titecs
Nick Fenton   Racer [Jun 30, 2001]
Strength:

light, stiff, super comfortable, they come in colors!

slippery! WHOA BOY ARE THESE THING SLIPPERY!

these are my favorite bar ends i have ever used. They just fit right, but they are slippery! i was going to use some of teh tape you put on the handle of tennis rackets but i thought it might make the outside diameter too large, but the reviewer below used an inner tube (road) so i might try that, maybe I'll cut cool shapes into the inner tube so you can see teh color and the name! :-D try it, it might just work!

Similar Products Used: too many others
Joey   Racer [Mar 09, 2000]
Strength:

Perfect size, not too big so it doesn't hook anything but just enough so you can get get up even the toughest hills.

None so far, but I don't think there are any.

Great value and a great product.

Similar Products Used: Specailized Dirt Rodz
Chris Bonsall   Cross Country Rider [Mar 05, 2000]
Strength:

Gives you good leverage without the Weight Penalty.

Aluminum Bolts dont hold up to excessive use, they strip easily. Have to be carefull with tight trails, could hook a sapling or tree with Stogies.

The Bottom Line is, Onza Stogies are great for cross country riding. They are light enough for racing and strong enough to hold up to the test of XC riding time. I give them 4 out of 5 stars.

Similar Products Used: Old School Onza Ski Bar Ends, They worked great.
Andy   cross-country rider [Jan 12, 1999]

These bar-ends are amazing! They are the perfect size, and they fit my hands like a glove. I had some cow-horn L-bend style bar-ends, and they were always catching stuff from vines and such. These, on the other hand will catch much less, and yet they still help me get up the few, yet fairly steep, hills in my area.

Jon   Racer [Feb 12, 2001]
Strength:

Light
slim clamp design
inexpensive

slippery finish
bolts could strip
small diameter grip

These are marketed as a lightweight bar end for racing. If you like to hang out on the barends, buy something bigger. If you're just using these to drive up steep hills, they're great. My one dislike is with the polished finish, it's very slick even with gloves on. My solution was to cut pieces of road innertube to length, and slide them over the grip area with some alcohol. I taped the botton edge, and tucked the top under the cap. Now they're slip-proof and anonymous.
Too bad they're not available any more - I'd buy another set to replace the RAW's I've beat for 5 years.