Onza Barends Bar End

Barends

Onza Barends

sebastian   Weekend Warrior [Aug 08, 2002]
Strength:

Great L bend design.

company no longer makes them

I have been using the same Onza CWA bar ends for 6 years now. I love the way they feel in your hands. Great product
if you can find a pair.

Justin   Cross Country Rider [Mar 11, 2004]
Strength:

Too much to list- how about the fact that nine years later I still rave about these onza barends!

They don't make them anymore and if they did you probably would have a hell of a time getting them in the US (if anyone from onza is reading this PLEASE MAKE MORE AND MAKE THEM AVAILABLE TO US!)

These are amazing, lightweight, and they never move. I have never even crimped a bar with them. They have taken direct impacts into trees, concrete, bricks, fences, pedestrians (sorry). I have given these more abuse than any other bike part I have ever owned, and I have broken a lot of bike parts (including handlebars). They continue to live to tell the tale. I just wish onza would continue making parts readily available for the us market. I would be willing to pay a lot more for another pair of these!

Similar Products Used: Lots of other stuff, nothing as nice as these
Ben   Cross Country Rider [Apr 27, 2006]
Strength:

Lightweight, robust, comfortable, ergonomic, bombproof!

paint on black ones scratch off easily

Super cool oldskool with no good reason why not used today other than discontinued!

Recently stripped my old bike from 1992 down and found the L-shape ends, black and well scratched. Put on new bike and remembered how great they are for climbing. Great for change in hand position on flats for speed. Protect ya hands from branches on narrow tracks! (plus you can lean ya bike against a wall or on the floor without worrying about damage)

Downside= Riders who don't have a clue and have them tilted almost vertically which looks rediculous and serves no use!

Similar Products Used: Use, Scott, Profile
Michael S   Downhiller [Jan 09, 2000]
Strength:

light,long enough for all riding positions,ergonomic, strong alu.

One thing, the trademark from Onza is getting off soon.

The best BAREND there is, ONZA, please take this product again in your productionline. there awesome, and r the most needed part beside your own legs,with this product you can pull all the power in your bike!!

Similar Products Used: Tioga barend (long one's)
Bontrage Ski long
Toby   downhiller [Jan 13, 1997]

The nicest shaping on the market (pity they are no longer on the market). Comfortable, light, and the weld gets top marks for strength. Buy them second hand if anyone is foolish enough to upgrade them.

Christopher Catlett   cross-country rider [Jan 15, 1997]

It is too bad that the manufacturer of what are, in my opinion, the world's best bar ends. Onza has always made a high quality product at a fair price. They have also made available several different models of their bar end because people have different tastes, which is also nice. I have owned three sets of Onza bar ends on three different bikes, and they have all been among the best accessories that I have ever purchased. If you find some Onza's anywhere and are looking for new bar ends, get these while you can.

Joshua Hayes   Weekend Warrior [Apr 02, 2001]
Strength:

Great curve and length. Great for pulling up hills or just relaxing your hand on long cruises.

I lost one end cap in a spill years ago, wish I had replacements.

Great value, long lasting (I've had mine for 6 or so years).

Similar Products Used: NONE
Ken   Racer [Nov 28, 2000]
Strength:

Great price, looks good, strong.
Over nine years I have had some earth shattering crashes. The Onzas are still with me. I think I have gotten my 12 bucks worth.

None.

The Onzas ROCK. They look great and wont bankrupt you.
They will last you a llloooonnnggggg time.

Similar Products Used: Scott barends. They came on my Schwinn Homegrown. They are excellent also. I like the "L" angle on them for long moderate climbs.
Tim   Cross Country Rider [Oct 21, 2000]
Strength:

excellent functionality; great quality; great fit

none.

i've had these ends for 5 years and they've been perfect; i don't have large hands and the fit/function has been phenomenal; they're appropriately scratched & nicked and i've lost the caps a dozen ties but they haven't moved an inch unless i've adjusted 'em; i like the size (longer than some) as if offers protections vs small trees, etc.; these were a gift and i've been recommending them ever since