LP Composites Composites Braids Jr Bar End

Composites Braids Jr

The younger brother of the Braids. 4 inches long.

willem3   Cross Country Rider [Jul 29, 2008]
Strength:

Strong, look nice, easy to install, light

Bolt on piece is very painful on the hand. Not easy to find a comfortable position. This may very well be a personal thing. They are also very slippery. You cannot rely on your grip.

I switched to the Cane Creek Ergo II Bar Ends that fit well with my ODI Lock on grips. They grip well and and positioned better. I now truly have multiple grip options.

Similar Products Used: Cane Creek Ergo II Bar Ends
Kevin   Cross Country Rider [Jul 19, 2003]
Strength:

Feels great. Not to big, not to small. strong and light. high style points

price, clamp weight

Been using bar ends all my life. Just bought a new bike that didn't have them. Rode 3 weeks barendless. Bought these online, fitted em on my Easton Monekey Lite CF handlebar and wow. I love these little guys. They are pricey, and i wish the clamp on them was a little lighter to match the weight of the bar end, but overall i am very happy with the product.

Similar Products Used: every other bar end under the sun since 1991
Michael   Weekend Warrior [Jun 08, 2003]
Strength:

Ergo comfort.
Just the right length
Lite
Looks good

Love them. Ergo fit is great and they look good.
I put them on Answer Carbon bars and have not had a problem. I put them on loose and kept tighting over time till they stop moving. They are ok to put on many other carbon bars like LP. One reason is the angle the screw goes in. I was told by LP that their bars are slightly fatter at end for the bar ends.
Plan to buy for my other 2 bikes (Wifes, Sons)

Becky   Cross Country Rider [Feb 27, 2002]
Strength:

Lightweight, small size, good looks

These barends are far better than any of the metal barends I've used. They fit the contours of my hands really well and are super comfortable on long climbs. They are lightweight and strong enough not to break when I bash them on racks and trees. Anyother benefit of carbon fiber is that they don't get as cold as metal barends on really cold days. They won't fereze your fingers. I recommended them to my husband and he loves them, too. We've both been using them for a collective 4 years now with no problems.

Similar Products Used: All kinds of metal barends
Dan   Racer [Oct 14, 2002]
Strength:

Light weight, looks good

Although I liked the low weight, I was hesitant about falling on these things and breaking them. However, I can attest that although I do not fall too often, the times I have these have taken direct hits and have held up well.

Similar Products Used: Profile design
Noah   Cross Country Rider [Jul 30, 2002]
Strength:

Light, cool appearance, contoured to fit the hand, compact, strong

Angle might bother some, as it did me, when not using the bar ends...puts pressure on side of hand.

Great feel, but I had to return mine becuase they cramped the side of hands when I was using the regular grips. Other brands/styles have less of an angle, or are even angled outward at the bottom to avoid this. It may not bother some, but it really bothered me.

Stuart   Cross Country Rider [Dec 23, 2004]
Strength:

Light, great-looking, anatomically correct

Price (maybe)

In a word - ** AWESOME **. Very comfortable, nice and light, and well worth the money. They aren't the easiest bar ends to come by, but the effort in obtaining them will pay dividends. Highly recommended.

Similar Products Used: Tranz-X
Neil Winkelmann   Cross Country Rider [Sep 27, 2002]
Strength:

Light, strong, stiff, comfy, warm, cool looking

A bit pricey (in Aussie dollars plus postage, tax and duty)

They are light and work. They are warm and very comfortable on the hands and seem to let me ride one "glove rating" less on cold mornings. I didn't have to break out the really warm mitts this winter. (I commute in the pre-dawn all year round) They match the Easton carbon seatpost style-wise. I've polished the (very hard)andodising off my old aluminum bar ends with use. It will be interesting to see how these stand up to long-term use. So far they are flawless.