LP Composites BE8 Bar End

LP Composites BE8 Bar End

Carbon weave. 4.0" long.

[Feb 08, 2002]
Alexander

Strength:

* Look good
* Very strong

* Heavy
* Way too heavy
* Super f**ng heavy

I bought those because they looked cool and were relatively cheap. However, these barends are too damn heavy. I had to replace my stock Titec ones after they bent in a crash, so I figure these would be nice and bulletproof - which they are, but they weight like 3 times as much. The actual piping is like 2mm thick! Why? Wouldn't buy these again - too heavy.

Titec barends

OVERALL
[Jun 10, 2002]
chris

Strength:

looks, weight, durability

none so far

i don't know what alexander is griping about?? every website the sells these barends states the weight before you buy. 120 grams is no big shock for me and i race a lot. you can drop another 20 grams w/ the BE7's. anyway, other than being a little pricey these things have been great. they've taken a couple hard crashes and a crash into my house a-la my cars roof rack and me being way tired after a long ride. but after all that these things are still doing great. i have big hands and these work for me perfectly. i would buy the same pair again if i needed a new set.

OVERALL