Kalloy Alloy Bar Ends Bar End

Will   [Apr 17, 2012]
Strength:

Basic in construction and cost, adds extra places to grip.

The clamp strips easily, slick finish.

These are your basic, unbranded bar ends that you can pick up for a song at the LBS. They add extra places to put your hands, and can help on steeper climbs to distribute weight better.

Though mine came in a nice shot-peened finish, they were still far to slick to use any thicker glove during the colder months. I threw some spare bar tape on, and it improved their grip and comfort greatly. As the other reviewer mentioned, beware the clamps. They are secure at just tight enough not to move when you apply force to the bar ends; any more torque to the bolt will strip the threading. I believe the torque specifications are 8 Newton-meters/70 inch-pounds.

This is a functional product in the best sense of the word.

OVERALL
Freddie Rodriguez   [Apr 13, 2012]
Strength:

The Price

The Bolts

I am a big guy and I used these for a few rides but the right bar end gave in. When I tried to tighten it -the bolt stripped. The company I bought it from sent me a replacement but then the left bar end also stripped when I changed grips so they ended up being garbage. The company was good and refunded me my money (Bluesky Cycling). I just bought Profile Design Boxer Bar Ends - I hope these will be better (they cost twice as much).

OVERALL