Control Tech Stumpy Bar Ends Bar End

Stumpy Bar Ends

Control Tech Stumpy Bar Ends

Felix   Cross Country Rider [Jun 21, 2003]
Strength:

Light, strong, perfect size, compatable with Easton carbon-fiber handlebars.

None for me really. They are short so people with big hands may not like them.

These are great bar ends. I put them on my Easton carbon-fiber handlebar (they are compatable), and I've had no problems whatsoever. They are strong and have taken more than a few hits without difficulty. I grab on for dear life on big climbs, and they don't budge. The only downside I can see is that they are made for smaller hands. If you have big mitts, these may be too small for you. Otherwise, I wholeheartedly recommend these.

Ozzie   Cross Country Rider [Jun 04, 2000]
Strength:

Light, looks, they work

??

These are a great alternative to standard bar ends. Where the can really excel are on low rise bars where standard bar ends can look less than great. I have black colored ones mounted on Easton Carbon Monkey Lite low rise bars and they work and look great! They are one of only two brands that Easton suggests using with their carbon bars. I recommend using Wooley bar caps. They provide support inside the bar for extra comfort of mind that you aren't torqueing the bar ends too tight (this would be a real no-no!!) as well as staying put and not popping out...not that I had a problem with this concern. They tighten in with an allen wrench and also look cool. Look at wooleyfab.com (or July issue of Mountain Bike Magazine)and order them at bikeseller.com

(NOTE: if you have exceptionally large mits then these may not be for you. They fit my hand great.

Similar Products Used: Brand X
singletrakcer   Cross-Country Rider [Sep 04, 1999]
Strength:

compact, price, feel, craftsmanship

end caps

these are the bomb! love them. not too long to get hung up , when doing tree traverses. keeps your hands to the grips. just long enough to change positions but not interfere with handling! get them NOW!

Similar Products Used: coda xxyzz, titec shorty
matt christie   Cross-Country Rider [Aug 26, 1999]
Strength:

light
strong
work great

end caps come off sometimes during a wreck

very nice they arent to long so the are great for tight singletrack so you dont have to worry about hooking them on a tree. light weight good looking dont get in the way

Similar Products Used: none
Davy Sprocket   Weekend Warrior [Aug 18, 1999]
Strength:

Light
Not too long
Just enough to get a grip, but stay out of the way.

The end caps pop off.

Not too long, not too spendy, not too heavy. Too good to be true.
The only problem I've ever had with these is when I crash and they bite the dust the end caps pop off. That happened a long time ago and I haven't missed them since.
Also, everyone wonders if they're long enough and how I can get a grip on them. Well, they're perfect for me (I have medium size hands) and I've never slipped off.
Five flaming Huffys for these!

Similar Products Used: System Components 3
KIMO   Cross-Country Rider [Jun 26, 1999]
Strength:

LOW WEIGHT, WIDER WIDTH THAN ONZA'S OR SIMILAR TYPE OF BAR ENDS. JUST ENOUGH LENGTH (2) FOR A SECURE HOLD.

NONE SO FAR, WELL WISH THERE WAS A TI BOLT OPTION.

JUST THE RIGHT LENGTH FOR USE W/ RISER BARS. NOT AS LAME LOOKING AS HAVING LONGER BAR ENDS (ONZA'S)ESPECIALLY ON RISER BARS. THE STUMPYS ARE WIDER SO YOU HAVE A BETTER GRIP. LOOK INTO GETTING THESE ESPECIALLY W/ RISER BARS.

Similar Products Used: ONZA CWA, & RAW 110, GT, SPECIALIZED.
zhiming chua   Cross Country Rider [Sep 17, 2004]
Strength:

It is strong, small, sleek , and gd-looking

It may feel kinda small at first but soon u will get use to it.

its short but after u get use to it it feels like its just nice, saves on weight and that little bit of air resistance :)