Control Tech Carbon Stumpy Bar End

Reach: 78mm
Weight: 75g/pair
Lightweight and minimalist design, ideal for cross-country racing.

Milwaukeehaze   Cross Country Rider [Mar 12, 2006]
Strength:

Lightweight, comfortable, great looking especially on my carbon FS bike.

Nothing so far except for the price.

These bare ends are definitely lightweight and feel very comfortable especially on those epic rides where you need to constantly change hand positions. I really don't know what the other 2 reviewers were saying because I have them mounted on my Easton EC70 carbon handlebar and they have caused no problems at all. I even use them for leverage on those tough climbs and they haven't caused any problems to my carbon bar. The problem could be improper torque when mounting them. I only torqued them enough that they wouldn't turn on the bar. Just make sure not to tighten them too much or have your LBS put them on.

I also think they are very comfortable, but that may just be a personal thing with different riders. The only thing is they could be cheaper.

Similar Products Used: control tech aluminum bar ends & cane creek ergo bar ends.
Brian   Cross Country Rider [May 25, 2005]
Strength:

Looks cool, light

Just not comfortable..

Used them once, hate 'em. I am used to a bar end with a right angle that I can rest my hands on and really get forward when going on vertical climbs. The Stumpy just did not work out in any way, shape, or form.

I do LOVE my old Control Tech Ti Stix though, am going to put them back on the bike and climb some super steep stuff.

Later!

Similar Products Used: Control Tech Ti Stix
Kyle   Cross Country Rider [May 10, 2005]
Strength:

Lightweight
Ergonomic
Minimalist
Carbon!

The clamp on these bar ends is NOT compatible with carbon bars, contrary to what is listed on Easton's website.

The jury is still out on these, they seem comfortable but I haven't had time to ride much on them.

I'm a bit unhappy about the non-carbon freindly clamp design-- these things are expensive, weigh virtually nothing, but shouldn't be combined with a nice lightweight carbon bar. I don't plan on letting that stop me though, I am going to reinforce the ends of a Easton carbon bar and slap them on.

Three chilis so far, I'll revise this later after some riding, but I thought it worth the time to warn people about the clamp design.