Control Tech Bar End Bar End

Bar End

Control Tech Bar End

csmac2004   Cross Country Rider [Apr 09, 2010]
Strength:

Very lightweight, durable, look great!

NONE!

The bottom line? The bottom line is SIMPLE! I've been using these barends since 1995!!! Sure, they have some scratches, but they've outlived 1 bike and countless other components that I have replaced in the last 15 years!!! I'm now 250lbs, and these bar ends are as strong as ever. No stress marks, no bending. They are straight and true, and yet extremely lightweight. These are a NO BRAINER! Best bar ends you can get!

Similar Products Used: Other bar-ends
STEVE CAIRNS   Cross Country Rider [Jul 09, 2003]
Strength:

BEST BARENDS I HAVE EVER USED. STRONG WITH A GOOD CLAMP. GOOD KNURELED GRIP.

NONE

BEST BARENDS OUT THERE. BRING BACK CONTROL TECH TO THE U.K.

Similar Products Used: X-LITE STUBBY PRO- ENGLISH MADE, POOR CLAMP AND ALLEN KEY THAT ROUNDS
KC   Weekend Warrior [Apr 10, 1999]
Strength:

Short - who says size matters

I did not think that I would like a bar end on my riser bars but I was wrong. Grab these baby's and climb!!

Similar Products Used: Lots
IDOG   cross-country rider [Sep 30, 1998]

Well i guess if ure over 180lbs u shouldnt be using these POS
could see stress marks on the just from going over some rough sections with my hands on them, and i have a front suspension fork
WHATs up with That?!?
neways im gonna see how they are at replacing them under warranty maybe
until then get somthing stronger itll be worth it

Alexander   cross-country rider [Mar 17, 1998]

I have the Team Issues and I love them. They have gotten throu the toughest crashes and even though they are completely scratched all over they still look cool. I just got myself a new bike and I'm thinking about putting my old 'ends on my new bike because they just rock so much. I just have one complaint, that they are just a bit too long. Over though they are so sweet!!

Vernon The Fish   cross-country rider [Jul 27, 1997]

Love them. I have the short ones - Control Stix I. Had the Answers before but they cracked along the clamp section and slipped often when I landed after a jump. Plus the Answers dented easily as well. C-Techs are light, short, sweet and nice to hold.I don't use barends anymore since converting my bike to a semi-downhill setup, so the barends are hanging off the wall in my room....even then, they look good.

GROUSE   cross-country rider [Jul 11, 1997]

Great stuff. Originally had the shorties (light) tried Answer ends (too expensive,slipped,and dented easily) went back to Control Tech (TEAM ISSUE this time) Really like the extra position and the bend keeps your hands from slipping off the front. Some companies have copied the look, but can't improve them. Some have tried narrowing the clamp width but that can put more stress on your bar. Get them and forget about them. Get silver, you will have them through all the annodized fads.

Mike Felici   racer [Apr 18, 1996]

If you're in the market for after-market bar ends give then control tech line a look. I recently purchased a pair of the stix II models and i love them. They're light and just the right size, if you have small hands they're perfect. Also they have a super tacky surface for gloves.

George Brewster   weekend warrior [Jun 03, 1996]

These barends are simple, light, and basically do what any other bar end does. Also, the inward extension (L bend) provides a good road aero positionand most importantly, prevents you from hooking trees.

Ralf   cross-country rider [Oct 24, 1997]

I bought them (Team Issue) in USA at a time they were unknown in Germany - means a long, long time ago. They need a lot of space on the bars, but they don't slip and you don't have to tighten the screw too much.
They fit my hand perfectly and saved me from a lot of pain on my TransAlps trip.