CODA XYZ Barends Bar End

XYZ Barends

Coda XYZ Barends

Randy   weekend warrior [Sep 22, 1998]

Just got Coda XYZ super shorties... Having only had Giant L-bend type before, I can't make too many claims (except the Giants are weak). BUT... these Codas seem AWESOME! They look killer (flat black with ergonomic shape)... They feel PERFECT - great fit on the hand, no increased pressure spots like on the straight tubing of usual barends. And they are quite grippy. They are light too! My Klein dealer was disappointed to see Codas on my Mantra, but these seem worth the $30 and I love em. Only concern is that they seem like they may catch trees easy, but I like the look and feel of a barend w/o the big bend. My mini gripe: for $30 I think they could throw in a pair of handlebar plugs.

Lori O   cross-country rider [Mar 22, 1998]

The coolest looking and most comfy bar-ends I have ever owned (also owned Profile and Control Stix...) The have a perfect twist to them so that your thumbs rest nicely when you're looking to change your riding position (hard to explain). I just built myself a new bike, and of all the components I had to make decisions on, bar-ends were the easiest. I bought mine in Bike Nashbar catalog for about $25.

Chalkdust   cross-country rider [May 21, 1998]

The Super Shorties are a great alternative to all of those ski bend bar end look-alikes out there. The unique shape makes for a great thumb-rest on longer rides. Plus, the textured surface is really great. I bought them aftermarket and chose them over Bontrager Race and Control Tech bar ends. Only thing (not that anyone should care as long as they work well) is that the forging job is really cheap--the material is uneven around the clamp area. Maybe it's just me.

Dave   Cross Country Rider [Nov 28, 2000]
Strength:

Unlimited comfortable hand positions. Seem relatively light. Curious greyish/greenish color is very unconventional but goes very well with XTR stuff.

These look kind of strange when you first see them but they are so much more comfortable than straight and l-bend barends. It seems like they fit your hands perfectly no matter where you grab them. And here's another use for them... I commute to work on my mountainbike so I took my XYZs and moved them inboard of my brake levers and shifters. They make great spinaccis (ask a roadie or look on the list of UCI banned products for road racing). I can cruise with my hands near the stem very comfortably and really tuck in and go if I want. XYZs are terrific.

Similar Products Used: Regular straight and l-bend barends
Lam Henry   Weekend Warrior [Feb 09, 2000]
Strength:

Beautiful contour.
Light

It gives a very comfortable grip at which ever portion
of the bar. Bar length is just right for cruising or climbing up with body positioned to take advantage of aerodynamics.

Carson Wick   Cross-Country Rider [Oct 14, 1999]
Strength:

These are durable, light enough not to notice, and have a great overall feel.

Scratches

These are the best barends I have ever tried. The sratching isn't really a problem. If it bugs you just take an ultra fine sharpie permenant marker and fill in the scratches. Overall great product.

Similar Products Used: Cheap Crap
Yogi Hybo   weekend warrior [Jan 18, 1999]

These CODA bar ends rule. They have a great shape and nice texture, and clamp on to my bar real good. The black color looks cool and goes with my bike. I be buying more CODA stuff if its all this good. Don't buy any other bar, these are all u will need!

Gooch   cross-country rider [Jan 07, 1999]

I've had my XYZs for about three years now and they are just great. I've tried other barends and they just don't have the many comfortable positions that XYZs have. XYZs are a simple perfect product... ok maybe not perfect, but darn close.

Zane   weekend warrior [Dec 31, 1998]

I stripped out the Onza Bar ends that I had, and could not find any to replace them. At my LBS, I ran across the XYZ bars, and thought I would try them. Normally, I like a bar end that wraps around the front of the bar, avoid the tree hook throw. Well, after about 400 miles on the XYZ's I have to say I don't miss my Onza's anymore. Multiple hand positions, they allow you to stretch out more. I will have to give them 4, still miss the wrap around that the Onza's have.

Mike   cross-country rider [Nov 28, 1998]

These barends rock. I find that they offer several hand positions. You can cruise down a fire road or go up a hill with the perfect grip. I have really big hands so the extra long barends are really handy. Kudo's to CODA for making such a good barend.