CODA Paquito Bar End

Paquito

Coda Paquito

Eric Wrenn   Cross Country Rider [May 27, 2000]
Strength:

They are very strong, and the grip is very nice and keeps you on the ends. Color is nice, no cheap chrome crap.

They are "tree-hooks", they don't bend inside, so they are suceptible to catching any nearby limbs.

Good Bar ends, not too big, not too small, but great for anything that requires barends (looks? riding uphill?). not too expensive either. i give it 5 blazin' roaches for appearance and grip.

Similar Products Used: No-Name on Old Bianchi
Tommy   [Jun 30, 2001]
Strength:

comfortable, stronge

light, comfortable, stronge

Chris S.   Weekend Warrior [Jun 03, 2001]
Strength:

The shape looks weird like it wouldn't work well, but they are the best I've used because of the shape it has.

Awesome for the price...coolest shape...perfect value rating for the money. They aren't very heavy, but they aren't the lightest either.

Similar Products Used: a Bell model
Jose Rodriguez   Cross Country Rider [Nov 06, 2000]
Strength:

Bend, color, size

Scratch

After a year riding with these, I don't have any regret. O.k. they scratch, but I don't think is a bad thing...

Also, the BE provide for an excelent place for hanging my cycle globes close to my bike (so I don't lose it)

Similar Products Used: First one used
Doug Bailey   Cross-Country Rider [May 27, 1999]
Strength:

2 bend

scratch easily

The 2 bend makes for more positions than any other bar end i've tried. The finish gives good grip put scratches too easily. For $40 Canadian, these bar ends are excellent.

David Gordon   Weekend Warrior [May 11, 1999]
Strength:

There nice and long so you can get a good grip on them.

I don't like the bend in the bar end.

There good but not great.

Similar Products Used: n/a
Mark   Cross-Country Rider [Apr 21, 1999]
Strength:

i like the 2 bend in it

scrathes too easy

I love these bar ends. I think that the work so good. I would suggest these to anybody that wants to get bar ends.

Similar Products Used: none
Ari   [Jun 12, 2001]
Strength:

right size, comfortable

none (well all barends limit my hand position a bit on the handlebars, but that´s just me)

Pretty good, one of few CODA components that I like, right size and shape for good gripping, but do catch branches a bit ´cause they don´t bend very much inward (and catching branches can really hurt, trust me)
Rating defense:
Value 5 chilis - came on my bike, don´t need to think about aftermarket stuff
Overall 5 chilis - good product, fits me perfectly

Similar Products Used: unnamed crap
Art   Cross-Country Rider [Apr 18, 1999]

These came stock on my C'dale Super V 900. But I needed a hi-rise handlebar and sold the bar-ends with the original handlebar. Man, do I miss the Paquito's! Because of the dual bends, you can get alot more positions on them than on other ends. The sandblasted finish gives you a great grip and the laser etched logo looks decent. I'm going to have to buy another pair to put on the hi-riser-- who cares what it looks like, it'll be comfortable and more versatile. Another kick-ass product from the boys in Bedford!

Todd   Cross-Country Rider [Apr 19, 1999]
Strength:

Great Looks, total functionality, durablity

Got scratched a little too easily

A great product that works real nice and looks kick ass. There are a lot of other ends out there for a lot less money though. Still, another nice product from Coda.