Therapy Components Brake Therapy Floating Brake Conversion Kit Disc Brake System

Brake Therapy Floating Brake Conversion Kit

• solves brake jack, by separating suspension and brake forces
  • suspension responds freely and unobstructed under braking
  • bike follows terrain over bumps increasing contrl and allowing later braking
  • floating ABS system modulates braking power to prevent lockup

• User Reviews (14)

paul c   All Mountain Rider [Aug 13, 2015]
    Strength:

company doesnt respond to emails

dave, i have the chance to get one of these set ups for my 03 bullit but need a hub adapter. they don't respond to emails and don't have a number listed. i found an old number in a search 765-528-2138 but it's disconnected. sorry he took your money and hub. glad i found this out before i sent out any payment.

David   Downhiller [Jul 12, 2015]
    Strength:

I wouldn't know because he tooky money and never sent me the floating brake

Hmmmmm....is have to say again, I wouldn't know

Talked with the owner for 2 weeks by email getting everything sorted out specs and pricing and then pay paled him over $300 aswel as sent him my $350 dollar hub for him to convert and the day I sent him the money transfer I never heard back from him ever again, so now he not only has my money but he also has my very expensive hub which I worked very hard to earn the money to pay for it which has set me back a long way. Bottom line is I've seen his product all over the place and I know he's a legit company which is why I'm so very confused as to why I got taken for my part and money. Hopefully I'm the only guy this has happened to, hopefully this also gives people a heads up if they want his product to go about it very carefully.

Kevin   Downhiller [Jun 11, 2003]
    Strength:

This thing is a piece of art work, it is precision in it's self. It was easy to install with no adjustments needed. If you should need any asistance Brian is very prompt in getting back to you.

None as of yet.

If there is one component that any serious rider should mount on a single pivot bike this is it. If you race downhill and want to buy a little more speed and control buy this floater. I am not a smooth rider but this thing made it seem that I could stop on a dime at any time, there was no skidding under hard braking on choppy ground, the tire did not bounce or did the suspension lock out under hard braking. I just spent a week at Whistler Mountain testing my new bike. All I did was lower the air pressure in my tires and the rear shock. It did not matter how rough it got this bike soaked it all up. My 2001 Bullit would bounce and skid all over the place compared to this one. Do yourself a favor and purchase any component listed on this bike, especially the floater, bolt it on and win races, instantly become a better rider and no I am not sponsered.

Similar Products Used: Are you kidding?
    Doug   Weekend Warrior [Nov 28, 2003]
    Strength:

Great manufacturing, almost art-like. Simple and solid looking, easy installation. I use this on my single pivot 2003 Heckler and compared to the performance without the Floater setup the bike retains more active suspension just when you need it... rutted, rocky and steep, keeps the tire on the ground and the suspension moving. It's pricey and not a necessity but I like the added control, makes up for my riding the rear brake when I probably shouldn't as well as when you truly do need to control.

Requires special hub set up, adds to cost... however I went ahead and chose the Hadley DH and 10mm rear through axle arrangement so an added benefit is the rear triangle is more solid than with QR skewer.

If you want to increase the all around suspension action of your ride, especially a single-pivot, this is a good way to go.

Pierre   Weekend Warrior [Jun 09, 2007]
    Strength:

Only way to get a conversion. Saves having to buy a new bike.

Needs a special hub set up and the instructions are could have been a bit easier to follow at least for me. The rear wheel is a pain to remove. Adds a good chunk of weight to the bike. Kind of expensive expensive when you add in the hub.

I guess that it was the right thing to do at the time. Especially good on a single pivot. Doesn't make a lot of difference over XC type terrain. Takes a bit of effort to get the wheel out. It is a compromise and that is the main thing but full marks for design and effort. It has added a bit of weight to my bike that I would prefer not to have.

'fiend   Weekend Warrior [Mar 06, 2007]
    Strength:

This product works as advertised. It defintiely improves braking and bike handling, particularly braking at higher speeds over rough terrain. The product is well engineered and well made.

At $300, the product is expensive. Also, it is both frame and hub specific, which means you may not be able to swap it to another frame and you may have to get a new hub adapter if you change your rear wheel.

My bike definitely handles better with this product. The difference seemed subtle at first, but the more I use it, the better I like it. Particularly at higher speeds. If you live in the flat lands and do more freeriding/hucking stuff, this product won't do much for you. But if your riding is more DH oriented, go for it.

Pat Grier   Cross Country Rider [Jan 30, 2004]
    Strength:

Go down steep hills with less skidding.
    Now Rear suspension still works on my Cannondale Gemini going down hill.
    Brake can still be locked out, just squeeze harder.

Need a pricey hub upgrad to install this item.
    Must get used to braking it's much different, practice ahead of the fateful moment.

Make a Brake Jack prone bike like the Gemini WAY better on downhills.
    Too Expensive.
    My price includes an axle.
    Came to $900 summer 2003 CanuckBuks

Similar Products Used: none
    drew   Weekend Warrior [Oct 21, 2006]
    Strength:

listen ... it works simple and not heavy at all.
    one ride a few drops and yes i'm a believer. i'm faster without trying and just give me extra confidence. call brian at brake therapy ... he knows alot about bikes. he also rides a kona so there ...

price but worth every penny.

it works ... if you don't like ... money back . simple ... and freakin' well made. it's machined and the new thrust bearing is so smooth. easssssssssssssssssy setup ... ten mins total.

go get one and forget about your rear end.

thanx brian

--drew

Similar Products Used: none
    Scott   Cross Country Rider [Sep 29, 2005]
    Strength:

This thing is awesome. Of course, I might be biased because it is the only way I had to convert my Proflex K2 5000. The bar seems rock solid with absolutely not loose play. I have absolutely no flex while braking even on long technical downhills.

None that I know of.

Great item for anyone wanting to convert to full disc brakes. It makes the choice between replacing the whole bike vs upgrading much easier. I was able to go to top of the line components for far less money than buying a new bike with sub standard components.