TekTro Draco Disc Brake System

• Piston: Open system, Dual piston
  • Material: Cast aluminum lever and bracket
  • Lever Blade: 2.5 finger lever blade
  • Hose Length: Front: 750 mm / Rear: 1500 mm
  • Rotor: TR160-7: Ø160 mm ( Light wave )
  • Rotor Weight: 112 grams
  • Adapter: AQ1.0 Series
  • Fluid: Tektro mineral oil
  • Pads: A10.11 Weight Front wheel: 311 grams
  • Rear wheel: 327 grams (Excludes rotor, adapter & mounting bolts)
  • Available Colors: Black / White / Red / Grey
  • Also Available: Rotor: Ø180 mm / Ø203 mm

• USER REVIEWS

[Jul 04, 2018]
    subdude

Strength:

They slow me and or stop me effectively, nuff said

Bit squishy and more pressure needed than my Shimano’s

Purchased:
    New
    Model Year:
    2018
    [Aug 23, 2013]
    andy

Strength:

works fine

the brake lever is too far out from the handlebars for my preference and adjusting it doesn't help much because then the lever wants to go inward towards the headtube instead of parallel to the handlebars. i like to brake with just the index fingers and that is not comfortable with this setup

i wouldn't recommend them

[Jun 08, 2013]
    Sean

Strength:

I have these things my giant stp1 dj and well...These brakes are sweet;they're nice and quiet, great starters for ppl that ate new to discs, very strong, but I blew a seal after like 2 weeks of riding (about 100miles give or take 5miles over that two week period total) everyday and they got super super soft and so now I have to go get my rear brake bled and the seals replaced which sucks but it happens..

Nothing... But that minor seal issue... And the brake line has high memory (meaning it is kinda like natural bent to curl) so bar spins are harder

Great, I love them long time... :-B

[Feb 08, 2013]
    BKN
    All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Price, modulation, uses mineral oil

Heavy, not easy to adjust; rotors material

Came std with my bike and after few rides was squealing and vibrating....Changed the rotors to clean sweeps and pads to shimano resin; since then is perfect! No squeals, no vibration, lots of power and a very decent modulation....From time to time requires a fine adjustment as pads get worn out. Comparable with many "branded and expensive" brakes...

[Dec 07, 2012]
    CCMTB

Strength:

Good modulation and stopping power. Quiet when properly maintained. EASY to bleed.

Not the lightest brakes. Noisy when the rotors get really hot. Brake alignment can take a few tries. Caliper creep.

These came stock on my hard tail Felt by after a year and a half of mountain riding in AZ, I really like these brakes. So much so that I would buy them aftermarket if I was on a lower budget. These brakes modulate really well and the stopping power is fine. They will squeal when the rotors get extremely hot or dirty, which is easy to during an AZ summer. Other times they're perfectly quiet. The only thing I do to maintain the brake functioning is to soak the pads in isopropyl alcohol for about an hour, periodically. Scrub the gunk off with a toohbrush and reinstall the pads.After this they're really quiet.

[Aug 20, 2012]
    Joe

Strength:

Inexpensive, good stopping power when they work

Noise and vibration

These brakes appear to be a decent entry-level Shimano knock-off. They came stock on my 2012 Rockhopper 29er. I was very impressed with them at first, but after a few rides began to experience the dreaded turkey warble on the front brake, which after a few more rides became a violent shudder and extends to the rear brakes. They still work and have good stopping power but the severe vibration negatively affects ride quality and safety, and the noise is just ridiculous. LBS couldn't fix it. New pads made no difference, sanding the rotors and pads and cleaning with alcohol made no difference -- problem came right back within a mile or two. I'm switching to something else.

[Jul 02, 2012]
    Robert

Strength:

they work plain and simple , light pull , easy to modulate

brake squeal

they came O.E. on my 2012 Hardrock . They do what they should with out any drama . name brand weenies won't like them, but they perform .

[Jun 26, 2012]
    Garrett

Strength:

I don't have to squeeze the levers very hard at all, and I get a response. They work great wet or dry and although I was
    hesitant when I chose them, my opinion was instantly reversed. Not noisy either. I just don't have to crush them to really stop. They're just easy and reliable so it's been easier to really cut loose on my new ride.

I mentioned they're not noisy. Overall they aren't, however in dry conditions, with dust, they do squeak a bit. I actually think this is a bit of a strength because that little noise is assuring to me. I have no idea why. Some of you might not be a fan though.

They were replacements for the brakes that came on my bike, which is a Giant Talon 0 (btw I love that bike too. Wow). It came with Avid Elixer 1's and they were horrible. I could be rolling at 5mph and I'd hit the brakes to the result of a banshee screech and the whole ride would shudder. The second these were installed I was reassured in my stopping power. I'm a big fan, and a really, really good deal for the price. Just awesome.

[Jun 20, 2012]
    dflash

Strength:

everything

great brakes

[May 29, 2012]
    Jake Inger

Strength:

Responsive.

I have not found any yet.

Came on my new Scott Scale bike. They have worked well so far.