Shimano Saint BR-M810 Disc Brake Hydraulic Disc Brake System

Shimano Saint BR-M810 Disc Brake Hydraulic Disc Brake System

The Shimano Saint Assembled Hydraulic Disc Brake Set uses a dual-piston system for increased power and modulation when it really matters. Years of R&D and testing by pro freeriders like Thomas Vanderham have led to a totally dialed system. These breaks provide up to 50% more power over older Saint versions, so you won't worry about arm pump when you drop into the steep. Whether you're pinning a DH race run or need something to stop your big freeride bike, you can count on this pre-assembled syst

[Apr 23, 2014]
Cmotto
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

I've owned a lot of brakes. Replaced my Hayes strokers with these. Just buy then they are great. Paired with formula rotors they stop and truly to provide one finger braking.

Seriously nothing.

Read the strengths. They are great. Worth the couple extra grams.

[Mar 09, 2014]
sam

Strength:

Loads of useable modulation.
reliable.
nice bite.
looks great.
pair them with icetech rotors and you will basically have no fade.

None really.

Served me well on my fist race today. Could not have faulted them for one second. I'm now the 3rd? Owner that has ridden them and still going strong. Real great brakeset with Superstar pads and icetech rotors.

[Sep 03, 2012]
NAYR751
Downhiller

Strength:

1)Reliability
2)Power/Modulation
3)Easy to Bleed
4)Lack of brake fade

1)The metallic replacement brake pads tend to squeal like a pig

Good:

1)I've been using the same set of Saint brakes since June of 2009 and only a month ago did I have to bleed the brakes. I probably ride roughly 30-35 bike park days per year and shuttle at least once per week. I've never experienced another brake that I've never had an issue with. Just replace the pads as you ware them down and you are good to go. If you do run into issues, I've found there is usually a Shimano tech at most West Coast races and they will not hesitate to get you sorted out. SRAM may lead in the warranty replacement department, but that doesn't help you if they aren't at the race.

2)The Saint brakes are the most powerful brake I've ridden. There is no fade as you go down the hill. OK, maybe there is a little, but compared to other brakes(Avid Code, Elixr, older Hayes offerings, etc) there isn't any fade. Most of the trails I ride are 15+ minutes of DH, so this makes a big difference to me. The power allows you to easily and consistently one finger brake which reduces arm pump and stress on the rider. I also can lock the brake out when I want to or just slow down without skidding. It's like the jack of all trades.

3)These brakes are extremely easy to bleed. If you can't figure it out, you have no business owning a mountain bike. All you do is put new mineral oil in at the top and old fluid flows out at the caliper. There is no fancy bleed kit or special tools necessary. It's just plain easy.

Bad:

1)As said above, the metallic replacement brake pads from Shimano tend to squeal like a pig. I've fixed this by using the organic pads. A con of the organic pads is that they deliver a bit less braking power according to forum nerds and ware out a bit faster than their metallic counterparts.

2)This isn't really a negative, but the rear brake cable is very long. If you are lazy like me and never cut your brake cables people will look at you funny.

In summary, these brakes have made me a Shimano fan boy for life. The Saints are everything one could possibly want in a brake and more. 5/5 stars

[Feb 06, 2012]
Sarkons
Downhiller

Strength:

Very good stopping power, once engaged it locks on. Very sturdy casing on the breaks, seems rather indestructible.

None that i've found so far, except the stopping power is too good.

Shimano saints were probably one of the best investments i've made for my bike. If your looking for a reliable break that does the job and looks sexy on the trail. This break is for you.

Avid Elixir 3 Hydros and these i cannot compare.

[Sep 10, 2011]
jgusta

Strength:

Powerful w/great modulation and control. Able to use <8" rotors for once. Easy to adjust to eliminate rub and are fairly quiet

A little pricey

A great brake, the best I have owned and ridden on. Quite pricey at retail, but still get a lot of brake for the money

SLX, Elixir R's, Avid 5's

[Sep 07, 2011]
vvvaaal
Downhiller

Strength:

Powerful, Modifyable, awesome looking, and no heating

A bit Pricy

Awesome brakes, the nicest I've ever ridden. A little bit on the costy side, but I think they deserve the 5 rating.

older saint, Code, Marta

[Aug 18, 2011]
esm

Strength:

Dang, this is one heck of brake. At the moment I cannot list a single thing I do not like. Only have had a month so time will tell.

None so far.

Perfect so far!

Juicy's, CR Mags and Hayes way back

[Jun 01, 2011]
armada1111

Strength:

I am a 250 pounds athletic guy and I have never owned such reliable brakes. Great modulation and no fading. I also have much less brake pad use than with other brands. They stop me on a dime.

Buy them and you will not regret - for met the best bikes on the market - great power and no hazel!

tried them nearly all (Formula the one, Avids, Hope, etc.)

[May 23, 2011]
slozzak
Downhiller

Strength:

Super powerful, both wet and dry. True one-finger braking saves your strength for hanging on.

-NOISY as hell! seriously it's embarrassing!
-pads are a bit pricey

great brakes. I've only been riding them for about 3 weeks but they've already got me out of a few tricky situations on the hill.

juicy 3's

[Feb 06, 2011]
Jeepnut22

Strength:

Power, modulation, ease of use... Oh, and let me mention POWER!

Price posted is retail. You can do better. Either way, it costs to play with the big boys...

These aren't cheap, but they are worth EVERY PENNY! Insane power, great modulation, all weather beasts.

These brakes are sick. Conquer East Coast nonsense and West Coast baller trails with ease. Only downside is the cost to play with serious brakes. Nothing else could play in this ball park. Anyone that tells you these are TOO MUCH BRAKE are just a bunch of haters...

Acid Juicy 7s, R SL, CR SLs...