Interloc Dual Banger Hydraulic Disc Brake Disc Brake System

Dual Banger Hydraulic Disc Brake

• Dual piston caliper
  • Open valve system
  • Stainless steel rotor (160mm)
  • Universal mounting
  • Brake lever has a convenient split perch.
  • Brake pad wear warning system
  • Dylithium Reinforced hydraulic tubing.
  • Burst rating of over 11,000 psi
  • Climate Control Fluid (Does not contain harsh solvents. More stable in a variety of temperatures.)
  • 150g Caliper, tubing and lever (rear) 370g

• User Reviews (5)

Hyland Fisher   Racer [Sep 04, 2003]
    Strength:

Well, they look cool. They are discs, so they work better than V-brakes. Not too hard to bleed. That's all I got.

Heavy for XC use. Pads rub. Caliper rubbed my spokes till I pulled out the Dremel. Pistons move independently. Pads do not self align like they are supposed to. Lever throw screw comes unscrewed, making lever come to bar. All allens are way to small and are easily rounded. Brake pads are impossible to find. Tech support sucks. Oh, brake fade too.

If I had the money to buy new brakes I would throw these damn things in the river in no time! Not dependable, require alot of work and figuring out how to "jury rig" a fix.

Similar Products Used: XTR and Avid v-brakes. Magura rim brakes.
    Steve Boyd   Cross Country Rider [Feb 08, 2002]
    Strength:

Cheap.$110.00 CDN per wheel.Simple setup.Bolt on and ride. Extra fluid and hardware included.

Yet to find any after full year.

Just an excellent brake.I work at a shop that sells KHS bikes [KHS is also an IRD distributor in Canada] so I thought I would try a pair of these brakes.I've ridden these disks in a variety of temps with no lever fade.I have never bled them. Last week at minus 15C the rotors steamed like a hot iron because of the snow and they worked flawlessly.Can't say enough about them.Anyone else ever tried these brakes?

Similar Products Used: Hayes, Avid Mech, Shimano.
    Justin   Cross Country Rider [Jul 24, 2002]
    Strength:

Good stopping power, very low maintenence, good lever fell and modulation. No rubbing.

levers are too big (moto style)

I have been running my hayes for about two years. I orderded only one because the rear was all they had when purchased. The IRD's are very comparable to the Hayes. If I were to rate these brakes on a scale of 1-10m, 10 being best the Hayes are a 9 and the IRD's are an 8. Cheap, all around good brake.

Similar Products Used: Hayes
    tim sluis   Downhiller [May 08, 2003]
    Strength:

Cheap, 1800 ZAR, thats 1/2 the price of nearest competitor.
    Easy to maintain

it's not top of the range, if i could i'd have hayes with 8" rotors, but for what it is it is great.

great product for its price. its not really meant for full DH but it works fine and it stops me. best in its price range in SA.

Similar Products Used: hayes
    Kevin   Cross Country Rider [Jun 12, 2002]
    Strength:

Pre-bled system. Incredibly easy set up. Easier than putting on V-brakes for sure. Light weight, levers feel good, excellent modulation and stopping power.

Serious disc rub. Pistons seem to move unequally

If I can figure out how to get the brakes to stop rubbing these would be awesome. I will never go back to V-brakes. It took maybe an hour to install and now I can forget about them until the pads wear out. Way less maintenance then V-brakes. Just that noise :(

These would be a 5 except for the rubbing