Hope Stealth Tech V4 EVO Disc Brake System

Stealth Tech V4 EVO

Hope Stealth Tech V4 EVO Brake Tech Evo V4: With unmatched power, superior cooling and the adjustability of the Tech lever, the V4 is surely - King of brakes. Hope Stealth Tech V4 EVO Brake Features: CNC machined in Barnoldswick, England Externally adjustable Tech Evo lever 9.74 caliper with all mount options 2014 T6 aluminium alloy Wide angle hose connector mount Top entry pad fitting Buy Hope Stealth Tech V4 EVO Brake from Chain Reaction Cycles, the worlds largest online bicycle store.

Christophe   Downhiller [Mar 15, 2014]
Strength:

Power and modulation is where these brakes excel as expected, they have a very progressive feel and braking with just the right amount of power is a breeze even when in the snowicemud. And when you do squeeze those little levers hard you stop in a hurry, almost too much ! They look fragile but I assure you they are completely bombproof, after smashing my left lever on a rock and basically stopping my whole bike with it... its barely crooked ! They are also incredibly easy to adjust with the dials and bleeding these things is a piece of cake. Hell Hope even gives you a second pair of brake pads ! so stop complaining about the price!

Learning curve I guess ? I went OTB a few time the first week I bought them through some emergency braking ( my fault for grabing them so hard ...). The lever shape makes it awkward to setup with my shifter but its nothing serious.

Overall the best brake system I have ever owned, that is after having both codes and saint ( saint would be my second favorite, but the modulation on hope is better I find ), They are an absolute a work of art and they stand up to the most abusive conditions out there from long and hard descents to bad crashes !

Similar Products Used: Saint new and old generations, Codes, Juicy 7 and 5, XT ( new gen )
OVERALL