Hayes Stroker Ace Disc Brake System

Hayes Stroker Ace Disc Brake System

The first ever lightweight, quad-piston brake from Hayes. An all new radial design helps strength and keepsThe size compact and light. Note: sold without rotor and adapter. Add a rotor, seperately, and Hayes adapters (if needed for your application)To make a complete Hayes brake system Lever stroke blends naturally and ergonomically with riders hands Insulated caliper pistons control fluidTemperature for smooth and consistent brake engagement Adjustable caliper hose r

[Sep 08, 2018]
MARIN MATACHE

Strength:

I whant one set

I need urgently

Purchased:
New
[Oct 05, 2013]
vk45de

Strength:

- Powerful but controllable
- A lot cheaper than alternative 4 piston brake systems
- Bigger pistons (18mm) than other 4 piston brakes
- Solid lever feel
- Flipflop lever
- Easy to bleed (I used a needle n syringe + tubing to catch at lever)

- Lever not as comfortable as old Hfx levers
- Comes with nothing more than levers, calipers, and pads
- M/C doesn't have hole at the end so you can't poke at a stuck piston
- As with 4 piston systems, the 4 pistons all have a mind of their own - some are more apt to move than others

Good brake for the price and will probably prove reliable as well but not as good value as the old Hfx-mag.

Hayes Hfx comp, Grimeca system 11, Avid bb5, Tektro IOX

[Jul 17, 2013]
t-bone!
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Super power brakes. The bike will stop and you will keep flying forward. Modulation is phenom.

The pads are difficult to change cause the pistons pop out and are hard to put back in. Meh, not a big deal though.

Love these brakes. Buy'em and quit fricker'n with other brakes. You won't regret it!

[Apr 12, 2013]
Jagtech360
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Looks tough! That's it!!

Horrible clamping power especially the rear! Ever since I purchased these, used the rear just doesn't do a good job. I had it equipped with a 180mm front and 160 rear, on a GT Force 1.0 all mountain setup. I had to rebuild the rear due to a leaking piston seal. Still doesn't stop very well even with sintered metallic or semi metallic, and definitely not organic. I've done several fluid changes and tried several different pads finally upgraded to a 180 mm on the rear I'm hopes of better clamping.

Surprisingly poor clamping force, especially from the rear. For a 4-piston setup this is Not what I suspected.

Avid juicy 7, Hayes nine

[Apr 12, 2013]
Kolbi McBroom

Strength:

I got these for a hell of a steal, 150 shipped for the whole system. They work wonderfully. Great feel and modulation, with a ton of power in reserve. Fairly lightweight for such a solid caliper. Love the levers feel and adjustability too.

They need to be adjusted several times throughout a ride due to the wear to the metal on the mounts from where the previous owner had tightened them down at. Having a difficult time getting the rotors to be centered in the caliper. I do believe htey need to be bled though.

Sick product for the price I got it at. The more power the better. Quads FTW.

[Oct 26, 2011]
Zero17812003

Strength:

Great modulation, TONS of stopping power, Easy Setup

Absolutely none.

I started out with the Avid BB5 setup on my bike (stock setup). Started bombing down hills, and quickly realized I needed an upgrade. Did a lot of research, bought these brakes and never looked back. By far the best brakes I have ever used. Absolutely lived up to all other reviews. I had these brakes on my bike in about half an hour. Mounting hardware is fantastic. Highly recommended for any application that requires heavy, no nonsense braking. Great for downhill.

V brakes, Avid BB5, Hayes MX4, Avid Juicys

[May 19, 2011]
Scotchman
Downhiller

Strength:

Powerful

Piston seals leak

Fine brakes. Survived the Shore, Whistler etc but the piston seals went soon after, lubricating my disks for me.

HFX9 BB7 Grimeca XT

[Mar 07, 2011]
konarider234
Downhiller

Strength:

Amazing Stopping power, super adjustable. Way better than the stroker rydes. I use it for long, tech. decents and rock gardens. very good brake best I ever used, Highly reccomended.

None at all, they are great brakes

looking for a good FR/DH brake? these are the ones for you!

stroker ryde avid elixer

[Dec 23, 2010]
Norland Cycles
Downhiller

Strength:

Power, easy lever adjustment, caliper looking

They are Hayes, Weight, Modulation, Lack of power modulation adjustment, they become too noisy at long rides, availability of parts in Chile, bit too pricy for what it is

A buddy borrow me his bike for one day, and this brakes gave me a nice surprise, they are a big technological Jump from the Mag HD and the El Camino that Hayes offered in previous years, but they are still Hayes with all vices of that brand we everybody know. If they would spend more time as they do with the industrial line, would be another story, but this people is still not taking care of important aspects, such as weight, that is not comparable to shimano brakes, Formula the one at 307 grams and even the entry level Formula RX at 354 g.
For the price U pay on the Ace U can get much better brakes.
The availability of spares is a pin on the "ace" (a**) My friend spent weeks waiting for the arrival of some spares from CRC because are simply not, or not all available in Chile.
I would not buy them, I would buy Shimano Saint, SLX, Formula RX, or even save few bucks more to buy the Formula The One that well worth the money.

Shimano Saint, Formula The One 2011, Formula RX 2011, Hayes Mag HD

[Nov 24, 2010]
ace75

Strength:

grab really well, easy to adjust the reach

lot of brake lever travel before initial bite

Originally I had the stroker rydes on my bike (7" front/6" rear) and wanted better braking. I thought larger rotors would be the fix so I bought 8" for front and rear. I noticed a slight improvement but it wasn't as much as I had expected. I decided to upgrade the Rydes to the Ace's and was shocked with the improvement. I find myself able to use quick stabs(later braking) to control speed and using the rears more than before to compensate with how well the fronts grab. In Hindsight, I could have probably got away with just changing the front brakes to aces and leaving everything else alone including the stock rotors.
I find myself riding much faster and more aggressive because of the performance and confidence these brake bring.

stroker ryde, hfx-9