Formula Cura Disc Brake System

The Cura is a clean, simple, and great riding brake designed to fit all riders and their bikes. The lever, designed for the human factor, is our most ergonomic and intuitive yet. With how capable mountain bikes have become at conquering any trail our caliper is proficient in taming the bike to overcome the trail.

JP Nuts   All Mountain Rider [Jun 27, 2017]

Powerful yet controllable

None noticed

I have been stopped by Formula brakes for years upgrading models as performance has improved. Presently I have 3 T1s, one as a back up for the rear hose length. I wanted a back up for the front and wanted to remain Formula. I tracked down a US source. Installation was a plug and play. First ride was ATCA at Oakridge, 3500' up and 6500' down. I depend upon my front brake, the Cura contolled my speed admirably. Modulation gave me control from feathering to full on lock up which it will do. The down was typical of enduro courses, not a down hill course. I did not notice packing up or fading. Price is about half of T1. I will buy a Cura for the rear replacing the present T1. My experience has only been Formula as I prefer to own stuff from lesser known brands that offer interesting products. Bleeding is claimed to be easier which makes shops happier than previous models. The lever fit my finger. I didn't count grams. 180mm rotor front, will stay with 160 on rear.

Similar Products Used: Many earlier Formula models.