Avid Elixir X.0 Disc Brake System

FeelThe power and loveThe feel of XO brakes Since its inception, X0 has made a name for itself asTheTop line in precise and reliable shifting. Now Avid is introducingThe first brakeThat has ever hadThe distinction ofThe X0 name – notTo mentionThe versatility, intuitive design, and sexy good looksThat come with it.This full-featured brake can stop on a dime or be feathered with precision you haveTo feelTo believe. At only 333g, X0 packs allThe power and control you have comeTo expect fromT

John   All Mountain Rider [Jul 31, 2013]
Strength:

Easy to modulate, Grippy and Quiet

None yet...A little noise last night .. Hope these are better than the Elixer 5's

I got these as a replacement for my Elixer 5 that came with my 2013 Stumpy Comp.
They seem to hold up better already. My old ones failed completely after about three rides.
I'm hoping these will not get noisy like the Elixers. I had some small noise on a steep down last night but
I'll keep testing. I think it may be the Avid rotars. I'm ready to get something else as they are already turning black
I think that may be poor heat resistance. I'm happy with these but I'll update this review if the squeal arrives.

Similar Products Used: Avid Elixer 5
OVERALL
Helmetless   Weekend Warrior [Nov 21, 2012]
Strength:

progressive, reliable, light, beautiful, I love how Matchmaker works too.

Although powerful, I would expect a bit more. Level feel tends to get slacker and slacker and you can notice it from every 10 rides or so. This changes, however, when stock bleeding oil is replaced by Dot 5.1. Highly recommended to change the oil.

It is a great brake and reliable over time, 10 months with these babies and so far everything is going smooth with them. Just make sure to use 5.1 oil on bleeding time.

Similar Products Used: Stroker Gram, Stroker Ryde, Juicy Carbon, Shimano M575, Shimano XT, Shimano M445
OVERALL