Performance Topo Team Brakeset Brake System

Performance Topo Team Brakeset Brake System

[Aug 08, 2008]
Vivisect_VI

Strength:

cheap, good quaility, cartridge brake pads,no plastice parts, Perfomance Bike stands behide its products.

Phillips head adjustment screws, and a bit more play on brake bosses than I feel there should be, but hasnt been a problem yet.

The one I have are the Forte Team MTB V-Brakes, I got these half price during a sale for $12.99 a pair, so for $26.00 or so I got to replace the OEM tektro brakes that came on my bike that had the adjustment screws in a cheap stripped out plastic piece. Great brakes and funtionally as good as Shimano Deore or Avid midrange stuff at a fraction of the price. When I bought these I though I'd have to at least change out the pads but they ended up being fine. Worth the money even at full price of $20-24.

Tektro,ProMax,Shimano.

OVERALL
[May 17, 2002]
Karl Thacker

Strength:

Excellent price. Quality of contruction. Support given by Performancebike.com.

Mounting holes could be a BIT larger to fit better over frame bosses.

Excellent brake for the money. VERY linear feel on grip and release. I wondered about quality when it came to price, but simple truth is many brake problems are due to improper set-up, cheap pads, or bad pad alignment. These brakes prove it as I have no problems in mud or rain. TAKE YOUR TIME TO ALIGN YOUR PADS PROPERLY!!! I did have a small problem in that the mounting boss on my frame was a bit larger than the shaft on the brakes, but I checked and that is not an uncommon problem with Specialized frames. I am VERY happy with these brakes. Also, excellent quality and feel on levers included with set.

Just factory installed Tektos. Or whatever those cheap things were before I threw them in the river......

OVERALL