Dia-Compe Vc 735 Brake System

Dia-Compe Vc 735 Brake System

Dia-Comp Vc 735

[Jun 17, 2011]
WalleyesAndTNT

Strength:

Consistent

Messy pads

They work fine for me. Maybe after 10 years they break in. I first rode them 2 days ago in heavy rain for 90 min on the hard trail/road. No problems. Stop on a dime.

Deore LX

[Nov 15, 2000]
Anders

Strength:

I don't know. They will make you go faster down the hill.

They came with my bike. They don't work in wet or dry condition.

No one shuld use these brakes. I don't know the price but i do know that it is more then 1$ witch is a fair price.

Shimano STX RC

[Apr 18, 2000]
Ed

Braking, pad longevity.

I agree: these brakes suck. They came stock with my girlfriend's Rockhopper. I was really surprised at (1) how hard they were to set up properly and (2) how little confidence one had using them. On downhills with loose dirt it's difficult to get proper "feel" on the brakes. (Mostly, it's not enough braking.) I'm taking them off right now...

Avid Arch Rival 50

[Apr 01, 2000]
Yo Yo

Strength:

With those brakes, you will get to the chairlift faster

doesnt brake

Specialized must got them for free ! Remove does brakes from your bike as fast as you can !

Shimano

[Sep 20, 1999]
THOMPSON
Cross-Country Rider

Strength:

CHEAP

DONT WORK
PADS DONT GRIP
STUFF RIMS

DONT BY THESE THEY SUCK. THEY CAME ON MY FSR ON MY FIRST RIDE I WENT ON THEY WHERE DIGGING INTO THE RIMS. FRONT DOESNT GRIP AT ALL. TOOK IT TO THE SHOP THEY SAID IT WAS STUFFED AND BAD LUCK.
IAM GOING TO CHANGE THE PADS TO SEE IF THIS STOPS THE RMS GETTING STUFFED.
IAM GOING TO SAVE UP AND BYE SOME BRAKES THAT WORK.

AVID SD 25
LX
XT

[Jul 09, 1999]
Scott W

Strength:

Inexpensive

Can't get them to adjust, no matter what

I thought these would be cool for a commute bike I'me building - no real performance needed, such as downhill and even decent cross-country would demand. Man, I couldn't get these things to stay adjusted! I tried for hours over several days, and they just don't work. I finally pulled them them off, and am replacing with Shimano XT V's. You pay the bucks, you get the performance, I guess. And I thought Dia-Compe has (had) a great reputation for brakes. I'd give them no flaming rats if I could, 'cause a product that doesn't perform as ''ts engineered to do is the worst.

Higher-end Shimano V's

[Jun 28, 1999]
vinnie
Cross-Country Rider

Strength:

cheap, not that hard to set up

crappy pads

Although it seems others have had problems setting these suckers up, I haven't experienced any problems with rim-rub, I guess ya just have to know how to set 'em up. The pads do blow however and I strongly suggest swithching to Kool Stops. I'll give 'em three spicy poo's cause I know they're low-end and have crappy pads, other than that they stop fine. The levers are fine, but I think most of the techno twits who spend so much time talkin about modulation etc. couldn't tell the difference anyways, so I'm sure those guy's (and grrls) wouldn't agree with me anyway.

old canti's

[May 31, 1999]
PETER

Strength:

none which spring to mined

one side will not pull back off the rim and so you get constant Rim Rub

I have spent many a long hour trying to set them up so both blocks pull back off the rims ,but as yet have not been successful.These brakes may be inexpensive but thit do's not mean thay should be excluded from working.Also I have Avid AD 1.0L lever and so do not know if these contribute to the fact that on long steepish decents you need arms like GARTH to stop yourself from going supersonic.

[Jan 24, 2000]
Quint

Strength:

Stop sometimes on level ground.

Will not stop going down a hill!! Scared the hell out of me.
Have difficulty adjusting also.

I replaced the stock pads with Kool Stop's, but they're still lousy. Specialized should have done better outfitting
the FSR with these. Will replace with Avid Arch Rival 50's very soon.