YPK MTB Brake Pads Brake Pad

MTB Brake Pads

Ian   Cross Country Rider [Jul 18, 2002]
Strength:

Will stop you in the dry/wet/mud. These pads are great - I'll never go back to cheap ones again

They sounded like a pig being roasted alive when I first used them, but a bit of playing about sorted the problem.

A little expensive (£7 a pair)but worth the extra money - Brilliant stopping power. My head hurt every time I touched the brake when I first used them, but toeing them in sorts the squeal out. Thanks to Thomas for that.

Similar Products Used: Standard pads that come with new bikes - dont even come close to these
Ryan   Downhiller [Oct 05, 2004]
Strength:

They're bright blue. That's something, I guess. Totally quiet. Cheaper than stock

Almost worthless. Very little stopping power, even on an 8" rotor. So weak, they're dangerous.

This review is for YPK Disc brake pads for Avid mech disk brakes. Popped these in my front brake, and had nothing but trouble. No power, no mod, basically no front brake at all. I thought it was a setup problem, so I tore the brake apart and re-installed it multiple times. I was about to replace the whole caliper when it occurred to me to try fresh Avid-brand pads and voila, the brake stops on a dime. 100% sure I did not contaminate them, never even touched em with bare hands. Stay far away.

Similar Products Used: stock pads
Thomas   Racer [Apr 04, 2002]
Strength:

Look great, stop in any weather. I swear by them; I've always had them, and know that nothing compares to their stopping ability.

After a few years they can really score rims... they last around 500km, then I have to shell out more cash for new ones (can't find the replacment cartriges.) Also if they ever squeel, it is the loudest I've ever heard, and I'd rather coast in a busy intersection then use my brakes. But toeing them in fixes the noise.

I trust my life to these brakes... of all the products I've tries these are by far the best. But they are a little expensive