Superstar Components Disc Brake Pads Brake Pad

Superstar Components Disc Brake Pads Brake Pad

Superstars custom compound is specifically designed for UK conditions. Specially manufactured for fast bedding in and low hand fatigue. Not rock hard like cheap or sintered pads, for effortless stopping power.

Sintered compound is now available in most brake pad types. Suitable for use where standard pads are wearing too fast.

Simply chose your pad from the list below and include this code with your order. 4 packs can be pick and mix with any brand.

[Jan 31, 2014]
Travis Bickle
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Cheap, good braking power, and cheap. $30 for 2 pair shipped.

Howled like a banshee wet or dry. I took em out because of the embarrassment.

I picked up the sintered metal pads for my 785 XT's and the first couple of rides were great. I thought they were the dog's bollocks. However they soon started to howl so I cleaned and sanded down the pads and rotors, carefully bedded them in and went for a group ride. The noise hurt my ears and I'm sure in annoyed the crap out everyone else. I replaced them with some resin Shimanos to day and was treated to blissful silence. I may try a different compound from Superstar but that's it for the sintered metal. Buy them if you are totally deaf and don't care about others.

Shimano sintered, resin, EBC metal, Formula metal, Koolstops, Avid, Galfer and probably more. None squealed like the Superstar.

[Dec 09, 2013]
toronte
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Cheap

Noisy
Weared down quickly for for a sinter pad

Good value but I expected more. They were very noisy from the beginning no matter how I bed them in or aligned my brakes.
Now they're about at 20% after a light season of trail riding, mud only once. Miss the 'grab' of organic pads very much so I'll return to those. Also found modulation better on different brand organic pads.

They're cheap, good service, so worth testing because some people seem to like it.

SwissStop greens

[Nov 12, 2011]
lebikerboy

Strength:

Work as well as if not better than their sintered Shimano equivalent..plus I got 4 sets delivered for $40.00!

None so far...

A great brake pad for a great price.
Try 'em you'll like them!

[Sep 06, 2010]
finbob
Downhiller

Strength:

I originaly got 4 sets of these pads in the RED compound for spares to take on a road trip to the Alps including the Megavalanche & the Avalanche Cup. I bedded my rear set in first before I left and I found them that good I swapped my EBC red stuffs for these a couple of days into our trip. I now run these pads on all 3 of my bikes.

None as of yet

These are a great set of pads and brilliant value for money at 4 sets for £25.

EBC, Goodrich, Hope

[Sep 05, 2010]
Graham from Peak District

Strength:

The best pads I have ever used

NONE - its a crime how cheap they are!

If they survive gritty and permanently wet conditions of peak district then they will work anywhere, they are cheap and service is great - magazines and marketing may direct you elsewhere but this is where you should be buying your pads from!

all the rest who rip you off for something that is v cheap to make