Jagwire Disc Brake Pad

Disc

The Jagwire Compatible Disc Brake Pad is constructed of a semi-metallic compound. HeatShield pads prevent brake fade

Pollution Warrior   Weekend Warrior [Oct 07, 2010]
Strength:

Cheaper than Avid pads (where I am anyway)
Probably less squeal than Avid pads

None that I can see.

Other people reviewing the Jagwire pads don't seem to like them but they work fine for me. They may squeal less than the Avids and they stop at least as well, maybe better. They seem to be lasting long enough too.

Similar Products Used: Avid pads
JTrue   Racer [Sep 20, 2010]
Strength:

This review is for the Jagwire Extreme Pads. Great stopping power, last about the same as stock avid pads. Feel like they actually squeal less then the stock pads.

Rode these pads during 12 Hours of Sundance, 112 miles 14 k vert gain/drop. Was a little worried I didn't have enough pad life left to finish out the race, but they worked well throughout the race and got me on the podium.

Similar Products Used: Stock Avid Pads, Serfas pads for Avid Juicy 7's(absolute worst pad I have ever used)
kmartin111   Cross Country Rider [Nov 17, 2009]
Strength:

Decent stopping power

Incredibly fast wear- these pads are completely toast in less than a month (~200 miles). I typically get 4-6 months out of the stock Avid

worthless... I didn't buy disk brakes to be replacing pads every month (guy's gotta eat- can't afford to spend rent money on crappy parts). Stick to the stock pads.

Similar Products Used: Avid Juicy 7's OEM pads
Rapidtrax   Weekend Warrior [Aug 05, 2009]
Strength:

Cheaper than AVID Pads

Wore out in less than a month

Save your money and purchase stock pads. These pads wore out in less than a month of basic cross country riding (about 10 rides). Also these pad exhibited a lot of fade. And I don't ride the brakes.

Similar Products Used: Avid pads
HHMTB   Weekend Warrior [Feb 18, 2009]
Strength:

Decent stopping power... until they fade out.

Squeals when heat fade occurs. Backing plate has a painted coating that melts to piston making removal difficult.

Does not squeal as bad as XTR metallics. But hardly anything does. Fades faster than Kool Stop.

The real irritating factor is the painted backing plate. I went to change out pads last night after getting sick of how fast they fade and I could not pull them out without removing the wheel from the dropout and prying the pads with a screwdriver. On inspection, the paint had partially melted to the piston and glued the pad in place! I can imagine some people could damage the caliper/pistons trying to remove these. Don't you guys test this stuff before unleashing it on the buying public?!

Bottom Line: Buy KOOL-STOP. I never should have strayed.

Similar Products Used: Kool Stop regular, XTR metallic and organic.
Saber Haghvirdy   Weekend Warrior [Jan 18, 2007]
Strength:

Good friction material - performance isnt affected by wheather or trail conditions at all .last very very long

Take time to burnish

Thair great . And youl find that if you ride a mud fest race . I rode them on a super heavy mud fest race . 10 rounds each 3.5 KM . at from the 3rd round nothing worked deraileures blocked with mud ' forks lock out for seales being mud pached' Those who had V brakesmetalic or Disc pads wore their pads completely on last rounds . I had my cables mud proof with tape . and had no problem with braking .But at last a .5 mm layer was off my pads at the end . It was really muddy.