Hope Mini Disc Brake Pad

Hope Mono Mini Disc Brake Pads Standard: Genuine Hope brake pads for Hope Mono Mini disc brakes. These are the standard compound pads from Hope.

Jimmy Dolan   Cross Country Rider [Oct 19, 2005]
Strength:

Difficult to see any.

No real grip to these pads. Lousey braking, like a bad set of V brakes with these on.

These latest offerings from Hope are one lousey set of pads.
No grip to these at all and in the wet....what a joke.
I tried everything to make them work. I'm stunned that a company can supply replacement pads that is so much worse than the pads that came with the brakes.
Expensive and trash!!!

Similar Products Used: Oldaer Hope pads, EBC and Fibrax.
Nathan   Cross Country Rider [Oct 27, 2005]
Strength:

I thinking

No stopping power. Almost No grip at all. White knuckle braking to get them to stop me.

Awesome!!.....Truely rubbish. These new pads from Hope....I can't even lock up the wheels!!!
My "V" brakes in the wet were better than these. Come on Hope!

Similar Products Used: EBC, Fibrax and previous Hope pads.
Mark Flanagan   Cross Country Rider [Aug 22, 2005]
Strength:

N.A.

Put a black film on my rotor. Made the brakes howl.

Wow, these might be the worst pads I have used to date. I knew the Hope has been getting pads from a bunch of different supliers. I thought I would give their newest pads a try. My old ebc green or gold pads had been working great. I installed these pads my rotors turned black and the noise volume was just crazy. I spoke to hope. They told me that the pads and rotors must have gotten oil on them. This is my third year on discs and I keep my rotors and pads clean. Anyway, I followed their technical fix. Run the rotors in the discwasher I mean dishwasher and sand down the pads. Believe it or not the noise came back almost imediatly.

Similar Products Used: EBC Green and Gold
Joel   Cross Country Rider [Feb 05, 2005]

They are very bad at strong braking. No friction on the pad gives weak brakes.

The pad is not good fro strong brakes and the friction is bad so you get no power. The pads are expensive and so you think will be good and give power at the brakes but they do not, they cost a lot and are no good.

Dave Barrow   Weekend Warrior [Jan 29, 2005]
Strength:

They are better ont the front than the back where you get no stopping power.

Lousey pads.Stunningly bad grip. This is another one of Hope's messing about and choosing different pad makers.

Don't buy unless you want to turn good brakes into bad.

Dirtboy   Cross Country Rider [Jan 27, 2005]
Strength:

These Hope pads are really poor.

They do not give enough grip at all and you just grab the levers harder and harder with no increase in braking power.
I've tried 2 sets of these thinking that my first set might be contaminated....absolute trash!

Do not buy these pads if you want descent braking power.
Come on Hope...What is going on!!!

J Twist   Weekend Warrior [Jan 26, 2005]
Strength:

Lousey grip. Expensive and just don't do the job!

These pads are garbage!!
I complained to Hope and they said that they have changed their Disc pad supplier. Oh so that makes it alright. The pads before this were very good but theses just don't bite on the disc they are quite annoyingly pathetic and dangerously underpower the system.

Similar Products Used: Fibrax, Aztec, EBC and original Hope.
Nigel   Racer [Jan 27, 2005]
Strength:

Not a thing

No braking ability in these pads.

Consign these pads to the bin, they are dross.
It must be true that Hope have a new pad supplier because I never remember them being this bad.
Do not buy these pads if you want good performance from your brakes.