SRAM 9.0SL Brake Lever

• Infinite adjust leverage
  • Multi-compatible clamp design fits with twisters and triggers
  • Control Cam™ lever: increasing power through stroke
  • Grilon® composite construction: ultra low weight, ultra-strong and impact resistant

• User Reviews (8)

Eric   Racer [Jul 26, 2002]
    Strength:

Light weight and the best power and modulation I've ever seen

Very powerful with a smooth lightweight feel. Takes a bit to get used to the light feel and modulation. But these brake levers stop you fast. Other reviews complain about lack of power. I suspect that there is confusion over a hard brake feel at the lever and power. These levers have incredible power at the lever and lots of leverage while maintaining excellent modulation. Soft feel at the lever = power at the brake. Hard feel at the lever means the brake has a mechanical advantage over the lever.

Similar Products Used: XTR, Avid
    Aaron McGraw   Cross Country Rider [Oct 27, 2003]
    Strength:

Great modulation. Light weight. Smooth looks and good feel.

Flex is only slightly noticable. The grillon lever-blade kind of gives me crash-anxiety.

They work. Outstanding modulation (compared to my 1995 Avids and 2002 Tektros). Only the slightest bit of flex (maybe I'm imagining it). Hopefully the plastic shell will hold its color (they are whiter than I am). The grillon blades don't inspire me with confidence, but heck, they haven't snapped yet. Weight junkies will love these things. They are high-end for a low-low price, look spiffy, and feel fantastic. If they hold up, they'll definately be worth the outlay.

Similar Products Used: Nashbar-branded Tektro, Avid Single Digit, Shimano Exage Trail M350
    fonseca   Weekend Warrior [Oct 21, 2001]
    Strength:

They still look good when adjusted for reach.
    Fit my 9.0sl shifters great.
    Great adjustability, on par with avid.
    Very light.
    Take same size hex wrench as shifters (convenience).

Composite material does not inspire trust like aluminum.
    Takes longer to remove cables than with avid levers.
    Slightly flexy in comparison with Avids.

Good levers, a great buy at this price, but as a long time avid user they will take some getting used to. I bought avid speed dial mags earlier this year and just put them on a few weeks ago when I finally finished my bike, and after a few miles the right lever broke at the clamp!!! They were installed correctly with the small park torque wrench as well. I read the negative reviews of this but ignored them; never again! I'm sure avid will replace them though as their customer service has a great reputation.

Overall I like these sram levers. I have them adjusted most of the way to the plus sign; the toast piece may be nice for V brakes but for mechanical discs I do not like the ramp-up/down feel. These took some dialing in but now I can lock up the wheels at speed. They are, however, more flexy than the avid mags. I can't comment on durability. Value rating is definitely 5 stars. I will give them an overall rating of 5 as well, and post a follow up review if there are problems.

Similar Products Used: '95 lx
    '96 xtr
    '96 avid sd 2.0
    '00 avid sd 7
    '00 avid sd mag
    Ted   Cross Country Rider [Feb 22, 2004]
    Strength:

Lighter than XTR, Lots of cable pull for my Avid mechanical discs, Look cool. There simply isn't a better brake lever out there for the money I paid.

None so far. I'll probably get another set for my other bike

These levers are the best. It's just not worth it to spend twice as much or more for a lever that might be better. I've used them for a whole summer riding about three times a week. They've been covered in mud and washed off many times. They've been riden in extreme cold (0 degree) this past winter. These lever are for the budget and value minded buyer. There are better levers out there but it's more lucrative to spend that money on more important components that can make a bigger difference in your ride.

Similar Products Used: LX, XT, Dia Compe
    Jeff   Racer [Mar 04, 2003]
    Strength:

Light, nice looking, smooth, slightly flexy (yes, I like it), easy to set-up.

Flex (some people hate it), Grilon doesn't inspire confidence, they're white (bound to turn grey).

Nice product for the price. Smooth, lightweight, adjustable and great modulation in combination with the Gore Ride-On cables.

Similar Products Used: These are rather unique, but I've used Shimano and Avid levers.
    Kurt Reincke   Cross Country Rider [Aug 17, 2001]
    Strength:

Good looking, light

They are not stiff enough, when you breke real hard,they bend (they are made off plastic something.

Nice and light but a littel bit plastic cheapis.