Shimano Deore XT ST-M770 Brake Lever

Deore XT ST-M770

• Compact design, and ergonomic shaped brake lever
  • Shifts multiple gears
  • Instant Release for quick shifts
  • SIS-SP41 outer casing system

Ahmad Fathlillah   Cross Country Rider [Jan 02, 2012]
Strength:

Servowave capability is amazing, combined with my Avid BB5 mechanical it's able to stop me from 50 km/h under 4 sec.
I love the quick shifting ability, shift much faster than my previous LX shifters.
The product design look sleek and elegant

none, unless I find them.. but this shift-brake lever is expensive..

You wanted a quick shifter and more simple cockpit ? use shimano dual-control lever today.. unless SRAM have developed same technology :p

Similar Products Used: First time using dual-control lever, previous shifter is LX SL-M571 and Deore BL-M590
OVERALL
Andrewkpk   Cross Country Rider [Dec 26, 2008]
Strength:

Excellent braking power when set up correctly. Shifting is clean, quick, and precise. Easy to install.

Still somewhat bulky, but OK. Expensive if purchased retail.

These are a good choice for a simplified front end design. They shift and brake better than the XT 760, 750, and Avids I have used in the past and they are slightly lighter than previous models. I use them on my rigid hardtail and find that shifting is much easier, more natural and precise, and that braking is spot on for my 215 lbs body frame. When I switch out tires for real offroading, the combo brake/shifter becomes almost second nature to use. Expensive if purchased retail, but worth it if you have the cash or check Ebay for deals.

Similar Products Used: Shimano XT 760,LX shifters from 2000,Avid brakes and shimano shifters.
OVERALL