Machine Tech Zeroflex QL Brake Lever

Tech Zeroflex QL

Machine Tech Zeroflex QL

Rob   Cross Country Rider [Nov 21, 2001]
Strength:

Light weight, awesome looks, great modulation

haven't found one yet.

More updates. These levers have now found their way on a fourth frame (see reviews below). Had to take the SC to the bike shop the other day and the mechanic was pretty excited about the levers. He thought they were classic and that I shouldn't use any other levers. Anyways, they still work great. If you can still find a pair, it would be worth purchasing.

Similar Products Used: Avid, Shimano, Dia Compe
JoBu   cross-country rider [Sep 30, 1998]

I first saw these brake levers when I bought my girlfriend a 96 Klein Attitude. After taking a short ride on her bike, I was in love. I quickly ordered a set for my ride and have been stoked ever since. They have a great feel to them, their modulation feels as good as my old XTR's, plus with their billet look, they are one of the best-lookin' levers out there. My advice as always is ride before you buy, but once you've spent a few minutes on them, I'm sure you'll have a set on your ride. 5 flaming Mr. Hanky's. Heidee-Ho

DL   cross-country rider [Jan 24, 1997]

These levers are sharp looking and look to be well made. The 3 slots for cable attachment do make a difference in the brake feel at the lever. I'm using mine with my cants, Pauls Stoplites. They work very well with these brakes. The levers are very comfortable and work well with my Sachs twisters. I give them 4 stars for now, 5 if they prove to be as durable as they are good looking.

Rob   Weekend Warrior [Jan 25, 2000]

This is an update to my 4/98 post. I have now used these levers for 2.5 years on three separate bikes. I have not experienced a single problem yet. If you can still find them, BUY THEM!

James   Cross-Country Rider [Jun 26, 1999]
Strength:

Very Light Weight

Absolutely nothing

Performance: Excellent (You can't go wrong with this beauties)
Looks:it's a head turner
Price:never mine coz. it's worth a thousand buck
Get it today befor it's all sold out

Similar Products Used: xt levers
Jamie   Cross-Country Rider [Apr 25, 1999]
Strength:

relatively inexpensive, great feel, good looks

some poor design features: barrel slots too large, adjustment locknuts do not function, cut-out potentially dangerous, and silly sized clamp bolt

While being an excellent felling lever they have major problems. In my 2+ years of use I have experienced EVERY one of the faults that the others have experienced. First off the slots for the barrel end are too large, no cable made on earth fits properly. Second I ha one of my levers springs get screwed up, fortunetly XT brakes have strong springs so it really didn't matter. And once I DID get a finger stuck in the cut-out, just dumb luck but still no good. I also bent my left lever on my knee when doing a little DH action at Mt. Snow which hurt real f*cking bad! So I stuck the remaing one on my BMX where it is functioning as good as it can. I would recommend XTR as being a better choice though as they are far stronger and fell even better which I didn't think was possible.

Similar Products Used: XT Cantis, XT XTR LX D/C Vs, Hayes Hydraulic Disc, Magura Racelines
schiz   weekend warrior [Oct 08, 1998]

I liked these levers, also, until they broke!!!! Be careful. If the brake cable end becomes twisted in the lever, then all the force applied to the lever will rest upon a tiny sliver of aluminum that will break. Guaranteed. This is a serious design flaw with these levers. These levers will join the crappy Machine Tech LP brakes (that I long ago replaced due to crappy design)in the crappy high-end junk parts retirement shoe box.

Julian Wilson   racer [Sep 10, 1998]

These levers are very cool! You have to be kind of stupid to put your finger in the cut out, it does take some effort. If you have any problem with these levers in the long run shims work great. I had no problem keeping my fingers out of the cut outs, but I can also resist drinking bright colored fluids from underneath the kitchen sink, that might have something to do with it.

Spanky   cross-country rider [Jun 24, 1998]

OK, it's been almost 2 years now, and here is an update. The levers still look good. the design is simple. they havn't fallen apart yet. However, the return spring is really weak. there are three settings for return spring tension via 3 holes in the brake lever body. the spring is so delicate, weak, and light that it does not stay in the hole. I'm not sure if it pops out of the hole due to too much room or play in the body in conjunction with the weakness of the spring. I have to rely on the tension in my brakes to return the lever fully to it's position. I have not contacted Machine Tech yet, but plan on calling them this week for some input. My rating has gone down.

bisikl   weekend warrior [May 16, 1998]

They worked O.K. for a while,but they fell apart on me while flying down a fire road.They gave no indication that the bolt assy. had came loose.When I realized they had came apart, it was too late to recover the lost parts.They're performance was good until this happened.I'm sticking with Shimano!