Grafton Levers Brake Lever

Grafton Levers

Planetarium   weekend warrior [Apr 03, 1996]

Small and Super Light!!!! Very goooodd!!! but sometimes it's too small and reviewed that it wouldn't perform as well when using V-brakes, compared with Avid overall gooodd!!!

John   cross-country rider [Jan 13, 1997]

Very light, powerfull, and love the pin adjustment for lever action and feel. strong and durable. better than avids or kookas

Mache   Cross Country Rider [Sep 10, 2000]
Strength:

awesome looks
good feeling
adjustable pivot

IT BROKE!
and they were really expensive!

These brake levers are the coolest on earth! They're light weight and work excellent with Grafton Speed Controllers brakes.
BUT
For G*d's sake! If you own them, make sure you ride with long bar ends, so they can protect the brake levers in case you crash. Mine broke...

Similar Products Used: Dia-Compe SS7
Dwight Mitchell   Cross Country Rider [May 14, 2000]
Strength:

One Finger Action, Excellent Stopping Power on downhill sections. Lightweight maretials. Cool Colors. I use the complete Grafton braking system. I also have their crank sets.

Rubber grips wear out quickley, but they can be replaced.

Excellent product! I would recommend it to everyone. It's not the cheapest, but I feel you get the value for your dollar. I have never regreted spending the money. I love to ride hard, especially downhill. I wanted my bike to be as light as possible and at the same time be confidence inspiring. I want to know my brakes are going to stop me at the bottom of a long fast descent. There is never any doubt in my mind the the Graftons will not do the job. There products are bomb proof. I love them all.

Similar Products Used: Shimano XT & XTR
Bo   Cross-Country Rider [Oct 02, 1999]
Strength:

Light Simple efficient, titanium pivot bolt and brass shims, stronger than anything on today's market.

rubber grip withers away, but you can buy foam ones from kooka for 2$ and they fit nicely, in fact I like them more.

Sweet.

Similar Products Used: precision billet, avid, shimano
durangoman   Cross-Country Rider [Jul 03, 1999]
Strength:

one finger braking with Avid cantilevers when set up by someone who knows how to do it right (me)

the rubber lever covers rot away quickly

I understand they were expensive, but I didn't pay for mine (thanx, John). I think they're perfect. A tip: Coat the levers with ToolDip, then you don't have to replace rotted rubber covers ever again. Once you achieve one-finger nose wheelies, how much more braking do you require? Plus, way better modulation (no wanker skids) that are so common with v-brake riders. I think they are the best levers ever made, just enough, no excess.

Similar Products Used: most all of them, for ragazine reviews
STIFFY   Racer [Jul 02, 1999]
Strength:

good at being bad.

the whole thing.

my love hand cramps when i use these. for that, they are worth -5 of those things.

Similar Products Used: LX, XTR
misanthropical   weekend warrior [Jan 08, 1999]

Grafton levers are as compact as they get.
They made two versions long and short....the short ones are the ones pictured above. Graftons are solid and made of optimum materials. The weight above pertains to the long levers the short ones are 105 grams for all you gram counters this should be inserted into your history books should the question come up. Nothing is as sleek or as indestructable as grafton levers, I myself refused to buy new levers when V brakes came out, I now use the Travel Agent and XT V brakes which works wonderful with the Graftons. There are four individual pivot settings on the Graftons and the longest pull is almost enough to pull B brakes without the Travel Agent. Graftons get 5 stars from me....no they are not flaming cow turds or chilli peppers they are stars....see it says so in the overall rating box 1 star 2 star 3 star etc.... they look like no star I've ever seen maybe they are representing the top 1/2 of a red giant up close. Who knows.....5 stars from me though *****
**get your free e-mail address*** www.anti-social.com

Randal Fujita   cross-country rider [Nov 07, 1998]

These levers are the best! CNC machining and finish at it's finest. Unique features such as a 4-way adjustable pivot to vary cable pull, brass shims, and a lever handle that feels so right. As it's been said You get what you paid for not only applies to these levers, but to all Grafton products as well. Pricey, but SATISFACTION GUARANTEED!

engleim   cross-country rider [Oct 11, 1998]

These are the best levers ever made!
titanium pivot bolt...simple and effective brass shims on the inside.
beautiful....just beautiful. These are simple and elegant. The levers only require one finger. The rubber cover is comfy and they are durable yet light. More attractive and functional than Kooka it is a damn shame they went out of business.
one of the true 5 star products ever made