Dia-Compe PC-7 Brake Lever

PC-7

Dia Compe PC-7

Alex   Cross Country Rider [Apr 15, 2003]
Strength:

Great modulation, adjustment barrel made of aluminium, long handle, easy to set up.

A little bit side play of the levers

These Dia Compe PC-7 brake levers were designed to work with center pull cantilever brakes only. Therefore, all complains, that they're not working well with V-brakes, have no grounds. These brakes have some lever side play but it's not preventing you from stopping the bike. They might not look too cool for some posers and freds, but they do the job well.
I'll give them four flaming bananas because of this overlooked design flaw with the levers' side play.

Similar Products Used: Tekro (POS), Shimano of different kind.
Blake Williams   Weekend Warrior [Mar 14, 2001]
Strength:

Few. Fairly Light.

They have zero modulation. Terrible feel. I honestly feel like they don't stop the bike well either. Look Generic.

These came on my Klein, They look cheap, and don't perform well. The ancient Rapid fire levers on my backup bike work/feel better.

Similar Products Used: 93' Deore Rapid fire plus, Avid Speed Dial 7
john   Cross-Country Rider [Jan 03, 2000]
Strength:

great
good feel

Squeak after two uses need lubing

GReat crisp levers that always work

Similar Products Used: none
Nomar   Weekend Warrior [Jul 19, 1999]
Strength:

These levers are crap and are part of a crap brakeset

These levers are just crap. The feel is sloppy, the return springs are not strong enough, the appearance is garbage.
Need I go on??
I guess so, for 50 words. The front brakes is constantly sticking on the rim, no amount of lubing will help.
The levers rattle, and have a ridiculous amount of vertical play, and tightening only makes them unuseable. It kills me that a 1200 dollar (Canadian) bike can't even find a set of brakes better than ones I can make myself.

Similar Products Used: STX-RC
LX
Mike F   cross-country rider [Mar 22, 1998]

I have got these now no my Giant ATX 880. It comae stock on the bike. To be honest with you I was not too sure on the name or quality. But after riding them for 5 months I now realize they're great.If your in the LX/XT price range I suggest these baby's because they're
bigger (your fingers won't slip) and for a good price

Steve   cross-country rider [Mar 22, 1998]

Let's face it - it's a budget lever. It's ugly, sloppy, and not built to last. But for the weekend enthusiast, though, it's an excellent choice, particularly for those of us with big paws. It's easy to grip, pulls a lot of cable - my XT-V's work great with them. I've since moved the PC7's to my city beater in favor of the ESP levers, but I still feel that for under $25 they're an excellent investment for the casual rider who wants a high-end feel for low-end price.

these suck   downhiller [Nov 02, 1997]

I snapped these levers after a good month of serious riding. I will never
buy anything by Dia-crap again that has to do with brakes. I would rather
use some 10$ Tektro Canti levers then these things. Go with Precision Billet or
XTR levers they are well worth it

Jason DeWilde   [May 03, 2001]
Strength:

Cheap

CHEAP, ugly, weak

These levers came on by bike. Once I upgraded to V-brakes, these old levers didn't optimize the braking power. They're probably a fine upgrade for someone with an old cheaper bike, but they have no place on mine. Email me if you want them for a cheap price.