CODA 900M Lever Brake Lever

Coda 900M Lever

[Jul 09, 1998]
Aram
cross-country rider

Good levers. Light. Inexpensive. look cool. There is one thing though....they are really slippery and suck when wet. You lose grip quickly when sweating, and it's even worse when it's raining. what with this 50 word rule? gotta take up more words yep yep. ugh... seven more words. there that should do it.

[Apr 16, 1998]
Grand Pooh Bear
cross-country rider

Gotta be the best canti-brake lever going. Inexpensive, (less than $30) super light, strong, and they work. The only reason I no longer use them is because I made the switch to V's and they couldn't quite pull enough cable. But for canti's, they compare with the best of them. They look rather trick, too.

[Oct 14, 1997]
Carl
racer

Identical to the DiaCompe SS-5 MkII brakes, just a different color...and cheaper too! Gotta be the best value out there. Even at mailorder prices you can get these things for less than 1/3 the price of Avid Ultimates or Pauls and they are just negligably heavier than those spendy levers. I use them with V-brakes and have had no problems whatsoever. So happpy in fact that I have purchased several sets and retrofitted all my bikes with them. people are doing them for less than $20 shipped over in Marketplace...get some while you can!

[Oct 11, 1997]
Kyle Sebring
cross-country rider

These are great brake levers. Very solid. Great price. I had them for a long time before I got v-brakes.

[Apr 04, 1997]
Dan
cross-country rider

Very solid lever, fair price and no complaints whatsoever.

[Mar 26, 1997]
Dave Odom

THESE ARE THE BEST LEVERS EVER! I started using them and my stopping power
increased so much I almost shit my pants! If you don't buy these levers as
soon as possible, you are making a BIG mistake. They seem to be indestructible.
BUY THEM NOW OR BE SORRY!

[Feb 08, 1997]
Matt Lapointe
cross-country rider

These levers were original equipment on my C-dale M900. I HATE THEM !!! They developed a huge amount of pivot slop within the first 3 months of riding. It was O.K. though, it gave me an excuse to get V-brakes.

[Nov 04, 1996]
Peter
weekend warrior

My friend gave me these levers when he got V-brakes for his bike. I had
Shimano TY-21's, which were pretty cheesy, so it was a definite improvement.
There really isn't anything trick about these levers, but they are a light,
nice looking lever. The clamps are painted black and attach with an easily
accessible allen bolt. The levers are painted a nice pewter color with the
word CODA painted on the inside. They have adjustably reach and a cable
adjuster with a lock nut. It's easy to remove the cables because the adjusters
have openings down one side. These are made by Dia-Compe, and have the same
basic look as their other levers. They're flat on one side of the clamp for
using gripshift. These go for about $28.00 US, and I'd say they are worth it
if you just want to get a better lever than your stocks. These came on my
friend's Cannondale M500. I'll give them four stars considering what $28.00
buys you.

[Oct 25, 1996]
Braeden Flaherty
cross-country rider

I bought these almost 3 months ago. They are great. I have crappy altus brakes. They barely worked. Now they stop like my friends xt's. They levers feel very very solid. No slop at all. Nice and wide levers are very comfortable. Incredible leverage. Price can't be beat. Nice and light too. I can't say enough. BUY them now. No I don't work for C-dale.

[Apr 25, 1997]
Harvey Fujimoto
weekend warrior

These are good levers for the money - they look good, have wide, comfortable levers, and have adjustable reach. The only complaint I can think of is that they don't look real trick, like Avids or Real.