Cane Creek Direct Curve Brake Lever

Direct Curve

Cold-forged 7005 aluminum lever, die-cast bracket.

SkinsFan   Weekend Warrior [Feb 01, 2010]
Strength:

strong, good quality

none up to date

I recently got avid bb7's and the brakes didnt work like the reviews said, i was confused and looked around and found the problem, it was the tektro levers that came stock on my bike. so i got the cane creek's and the brakes feel like different brakes. the reviews say one finger braking, and i can stop the bike with one finger. these levers are great and wont break on you like speed dials!

Similar Products Used: tektro lever crap
shorner   Weekend Warrior [Oct 26, 2009]
Strength:

Strong, light lever, with no slop.

Great lever for the price. Works great with the Avid BB7 brakes--pulls plenty of cable and has absolutely no lever slop. The look nice too!

Similar Products Used: XT, Avid Speed Dial
Captain Hypocrisy   Weekend Warrior [Oct 12, 2008]
Strength:

Strong, good feel, adjustable reach.

I broke a pair of Avid levers, replaced them with these. They're beefy, solid, and nice and stiff. They have held up to way more than the Avids and are still going strong. Good lever shape. They look a little funny, I think, but that's not very important. All together they're solid levers at a good price.

Similar Products Used: Avid Speed Dial
Curtis   Racer [Oct 02, 2005]
Strength:

Strong levers, good looking, durable, light, cheap

none so far

I have these levers paired to Avid BB7's and they are unbelievably good. They finally washed out of my mind the wishy washy, squishy lever feel I was getting from my other levers. They're also strong as crap as I have been racing (and crashing) on them all season, and they haven't given an inch. Knowing what I know about these levers now, they would be a steal even at 40 bucks. I'm even getting a second pair so i can put them on my new single speed.

Similar Products Used: LX shift brake combo, XT shift brake combo, tektro crap
Justin   Cross Country Rider [Mar 11, 2004]
Strength:

Look pretty (but thats not why we buy bike parts, is it?)

These work great and feel extrememly solid. I did notice a little virtical play in them after 3/4 of a season, but I was able to easily adjust it out. They fit well with my sram X9 triggers and with my old rapid fire. I would by these again and again, deffinately not another disposable lever like the LX.

Similar Products Used: Shimano LX and other shimano stuff, avid, cheap levers
Benge   Cross Country Rider [Aug 01, 2002]
Strength:

Nice shape. Light. Large.

Not as many bells and whistles as really high-tech levers. Lever seems to come loose faster than you'd think.

I like these levers without really knowing why. They're big, simple, and feel good. I don't feel any desire for the zillions of little 'features' you find on high-end Shimano levers. I prefer the benign simplicity of these levers. They suit big hands, too.

Similar Products Used: Other levers.
Raymond   Cross Country Rider [Jun 13, 2005]
Strength:

requires no thought or worry

no purple ano
level a little short

I really like these levers. They are very well finished, work great and set up easily. They seem to work better with my Avid Mechnical discs brakes thant the stock Avid levers. A good value at what I pain, not sure if they are truely worht what some places are charging, up to $65 in places.

Similar Products Used: Avid SD 2.0, XT
Joel   Cross Country Rider [May 16, 2002]
Strength:

Weight, ease of adjustment

Good levers for Vbrakes. Light weight, and provide a good linear feel when braking. Adjustments are easy and these levers provide a lot of adjustment.

Probably wouldn't pay $50 for them, but they are a nice upgrade from a LX lever.

Patrick   Cross Country Rider [Sep 14, 2004]
Strength:

Strong triangular forged design. They're black with short levers.

Threads on cable adjusters are a little loose but easily tightened with the locknut.

Great levers that provide tons of leverage with little flex due to the design. Good for one finger braking with the shorter lever and they look cool. I give em a 5.

Similar Products Used: LX and deore.
Craig   Cross Country Rider [Mar 19, 2008]
Strength:

Very comfortable pull, looks.

None so far...

For the price these are great levers. I like them better than the Avids that I previously owned.