BombShell Proshift VC2 Brake Lever

• CNC'd from 6061 aluminum
  • Dual pivot design for you die hard canti folks
  • Swing type clamp so you don't have to remove you grips
  • Colors: silver, red, blue, black, ti.
  • PROSHIFT VC2 LEVER SET - Retail $88.00

• User Reviews (21)

Rod Angler   Weekend Warrior [Oct 09, 2000]
    Strength:

VERY light weight.
    Along with Precision Billet's pads, provide very good modulation.
    Longer than many levers.
    Hinged bar clamp precludes removing grips & shifters, so super easy to install.
    Levers machined from aluminum blocks.
    Color choices (anodized).
    Few others own these, if you care about such things.

No spring return, relies on brake springs (but this keeps them light). This is a neutral thing for me, but some may consider a weakness.
    No leverage adjustment.
    Aluminum barrel adjuster needed to have threads chased, and was hard to rotate by hand.

Very simple yet elegant levers available in some good colors, anodized aluminum.
    Good leverage.
    Good modulation, but I suspect Precision Billet's pads are 70% of this, lever setup maybe 30% max.
    Super easy & quick to install.

Buy these if:
    1. You want longer, very lightweight levers.
    2. You don't need leverage adjustment.
    3. You have reasonably strong brake springs and cables in good shape, and don't need return springs in levers.
    4. Want better modulation (and want to move away from on/off tendencies of Shimano brakes and perhaps to a much lesser degree their levers)
    5. You don't mind filing / sandpapering the machined-out rear side of the levers to eliminate very sharp edges left from maching process (these guys need to add some CNC code to radius this area).
    6. Place a high premium on anodized aluminum colors and rarity.

3.5 ignited piles of roadkill, since they had sharp edges, and had no spring return and no leverage adjustment, yet excelled in numerous areas.

Similar Products Used: XT Levers w/ LX Brakes.
    Haoming chang   Racer [Apr 08, 2000]
    Strength:

awesome feel, super super lite, quite strong
    look pimp

the bolts are rather soft, the hinge clamp is flexy, the machined out lever cut me

these are the best levers possible for vbrake- i run discs and magura rim brakes so i dont use them anymore- id suggest replacing all the buttonhead bolts w. regular square heads and wearing full finger gloves so u dont cut your finger on the inside of the lever when u crash- either that or dont crash-
    flexes when u really brake really hard, but thats when im doing trials- when u ride xc its not even an issue
    light as hell 114g, hinge clamp design is so useful, really awesome direct feel for your brakes, and they hadd some power too-
    buy them if you've got hte $$ to drop

Similar Products Used: avid ultimate, xtr, xt
    Darron   Racer [Oct 23, 1999]
    Strength:

Extremely strong braking power.

expensive $90 set

Tried and raced all the top line brake levers and we all race with Precision Billet. Why? like previous message, these the simply the BEST lever out there for the safest braking and control. Try XTR and Realx levers and then you will appreciated PB.

Similar Products Used: Paul, XTR, XT, RealX, Kooka
    DrHog   Cross-Country Rider [Oct 12, 1999]
    Strength:

Lightweight, great feel, power

None yet

I bought these levers after reading the reviews here, and the good reviews are true! I got them for $49, so press for that deal if you are catalog shopping. Installation was a snap, and they feel like they were tailor made for my SRAM shifter/XTR brake setup. I have never felt this much braking power, even with the old Maguras I used to own! These levers easily have enough power to modulate with one finger, but if you prefer to use 2, there is plenty of room on the lever. Nothing but sweet!

Similar Products Used: XT levers
    cooltop   Cross-Country Rider [Jun 22, 1999]
    Strength:

looks cool!
    very light
    clamp design

cheap clamp screw
    cheap looks barrel adjusters

I like 'em alot. have to be careful installing them so you and make sure the clamp is shut tight before turning the screw. These work much better than my XT levers did with my Non -shimno liner pull brakes. Finally, I got that feel and one finger action!!!There is little side to side play and the leaver itself seems more durable than the SRAM lever I almost bought to go with my new ESP set up. The levers fit well with the new ESP gripshifters and the anodized color is very sweet if your into that sort of thing!
    I have would like to have seen a better adjuster barrel but that might have increased
    their weight! I'll go with a very respectable 4 flamer rating because they could make a little improvement (not much) with a new version.

Similar Products Used: Shimano XT, LX
    Avid,
    Diacomp
    Mousa   Weekend Warrior [May 04, 1999]
    Strength:

Works better than any I've tried.
    Looks are cool as can be.

None.

Buy 'em, you won't regret it. They are smooth as butter.

Similar Products Used: Shimano, Paul... among others.
    Buddy Guy Hendrix   Cross-Country Rider [Apr 23, 1999]
    Strength:

Quality product(meaning it performs to it's specifications)
    Good to excellent modulation.
    Trick looking parts from the USA.

Price may be a concern to the average buyer so look for deals, Cambria has the best price I have found.

I would recommend these for the rider looking to phase out Shimano out of the picture and upgrade at the same time.

Similar Products Used: Shimano XT, though I like the Precision Billet levers way more.
    Gary Roberts   cross-country rider [Aug 04, 1998]

I've been riding some fairly gnarly and Rocky terrain for a couple month's. I knew I really liked the shape and feel of the levers right away, but I didn't know how much I had grown to like them until I felt some XT Levers in comparison. Wow! Huge difference! The Proshift's have me VERY spoiled. I have them mated with a set of XT V-Brakes and they respond wondefully to differing amounts of brake pressure. They stop on a dime and they are incredibly light weight! Try 'em, you'll like 'em! These levers are worthy!!!

Doc   weekend warrior [Jun 25, 1997]

These levers and the brakes are great!. My buddy Pete and I just put a set of levers and brakes on his Specialized FSR and my Turner. I do not think you can top the price and quality of these and most of all they do not fade on long down hills and rattle like Shimanos do.

Pete Richards   weekend warrior [May 31, 1997]

I just ordered A set of these gucci levers and brakes, and I can tell you just
    from my psychic ability that these beauties belong on my beast.
    Don't hesitate to buy these they are fabulous, as well as the front and rear
    derailleurs and I might also mention that I ordered these from the manufacturer
    and was very impressed by the personable service and the fect that I wasn't talking to a dork. So chop chop order up.